• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Cam to start @49ers Oct 27th.

Jeremy Igo

17 hours ago, MechaZain said:

The team's only 25 bro you have to be pretty young to even be a lifelong fan. I think I started around 2001. 

But on that note I think traditionally teams let the backup QBs stay out there when they're winning. It's only been recent years that the starter is put back in as soon as they're cleared. And rest is a luxury for Cam at the moment so I don't see why you bring him back until you have to.

I have no idea about what you are talking about with the team is only 25 stuff.

Traditionally, "starters don't lose jobs due to injury" was a mantra that most of the older coaches lived by, and I think it's one that Ron subscribes to as well, mostly through his deference to vets at the cost of the team.....

However, at QB we seem to be drifting away from that, especially when looking back at Bledsoe and Maddox.  If the backups play better than the starters, lately they have stayed in.  In this case, Allen, while winning games, has not proven to be better than Cam (when healthy), so it's my opinion that Cam should be reinserted into the starting role if he's healthy.

The problem.....we will have no idea if he's really healthy or not until he plays a couple games, and is a full participant in practice for a few weeks minimum.

We are going to have a HUGE decision to make regarding Cam in the offseason, we need to see if he can stay healthy.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretend for a moment that Cam is cleared medically to play at San Fran. Do you play him?

Facing a great defense, away on the west coast, after a bye (Ron sucks after byes). 

Or would you rather wait a week.

Only if he’s actually healthy. For real this time. No point in him tweaking it again and going out for longer.

If he is then yes. That will be harder to say if Allen wins Sunday though. But we really need to get cam a W. 

I’m scared if Cam starts overshooting again though and blows our passing game Norv is going to have to clamp down on our offense again. 

16 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

While Cam could feasibly be deemed healthy enough to play against San Francisco, that seems optimistic given he just got out of his boot. And given he reinjured his foot after supposedly being 100% and practicing for 2 weeks leading up to the Rams game, it would seem wise to be extra conservative this time. So I would say, whenever Cam appears healthy, hold him out an extra week as a precaution and then play him. I don't see that being any earlier than the Titans game.

What are you...some kind of Huddle couch doctor? Smh

I would get Luke and Brian Burns to practice with Cam along with CMac, Olsen DJ Moore,. and see where he’s at.

can he move around like Cam Newton? Can he plant and throw underneath or long ball it to DJ Moore, Olsen and CMac?

if he can,.. Hell to the yes.

no,.. then no.

16 minutes ago, JARROD said:

I would get Luke and Brian Burns to practice with Cam along with CMac, Olsen DJ Moore,. and see where he’s at.

can he move around like Cam Newton? Can he plant and throw underneath or long ball it to DJ Moore, Olsen and CMac?

if he can,.. Hell to the yes.

no,.. then no.

Wouldn't a full week of full participation accomplish the same thing? Once he can do that. He is set to rain hell down.

No. Dude is not 100 healthy.

Cam shouldn't be coming back until game 10 maybe.(he probably need to sit out the whole season) And if he cant come back until playoff time it will be hard to pull Allen.

See if Allen dips and start throwing int and fumbling all over the place that's gonna speed up the process of Cam's "magical recovery". It's bullshit. Cam needs to get healthy for real and by the time it will be a decision on whether to even keep him.

If I was Cam I would sit out the whole season and go to another team that just need an above avg qb(browns,vikings...etc) or stay.(depending on what Tepper wants to do).

Plus, lets be honest Cam always struggled with overthrown balls even when healthy. Was he super terrible compared to some golden media qbs like Luck? No, but still the problem does exist for Cam.

Archived