• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continued thoughts on Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again though, how healthy is "a healthy Cam", and how long does he stay that way?

Regarding Allen, one thing stuck in the back of my mind...

Someone on here (I'd credit them but I don't remember who it was) said they had watched a lot of Allen's career prior to the pros. Their take was that Allen had a tendency to start off hot but tail off to the point where eventually he just wasn't that good.

Valid? No idea, but that analysis is stored in my inventory of Mental Notes so I can watch to see if it plays out that way.

It happens with a ton of backup QBs. Remember when Matt Flynn came in for a couple of games for Aaron Rodgers and out up absolute video game stats to the point that the Seahawks signed him to be their starter but ended up drafting Wilson in the 3rd and Flynn was never heard from again? Hell, it feels like Andy Reid has flipped a dozen backups for valuable picks after they had a few decent games and none ever amounted to squat.

So far, Allen is doing what he needs to do in his role. With the defense either shutting down opponents or creating key turnovers along with CMC playing at god tier level, that's good enough.

But on the long term, it won't be. There will be games where the load will weigh more on the QB to win. Allen looked his best against the Cardinals - clearly a terrible squad - and hasn't shown enough progression since to convince me he may end up being a Matt Moore. 

Anyone screaming “KyLE AlLEn Is 4-0 aNd CaM NeWtOn iS 0-9” has decide to throw all logical thinking out of the window and is one of the trending ignorant statements on this board 

Equivalent to sticking you fingers in your ear and yelling “la la la” loudly as someone tries and make a valid point

9 hours ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

The guy is a great game manager that shows flashes. Nothing more, nothing less and the sooner the googly eyes go away and reality sets in, the better. With that being said, CMC is a beast and the reason we're sitting at 3-2 instead of 1-5. 

If we are 3-2 with him rather than 1-5 without him, that's some magic there.  Sign him to a long term contract now!

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Let's not write him off yet. That was a mighty good team we played against (Doug Marrone is becoming one of my favorite coaches) and we still got the win. While it wasn't one of the lights out performances he's treated us to so far, it also wasn't some kind of trainwreck.

If anything, I'm glad this game happened for him. It'll show us a lot about how he is as a long-term starter. And he was certainly in there giving it all he had throughout the game. 

Let's not throw him under the bus yet.

I will never stop hating on Marrone. He walked away from the Bills as head coach. He QUIT on them. Just like Wade Phillips did. I hate him too.

6 hours ago, trueblade said:

As I said in another thread, I want to see how KA does when given the ball down 4 points with just over two minutes on the clock. In each game so far, the Panthers have been protecting a lead in the fourth quarter. 

I get what you're saying but I truly hope we never have that situation again this year. 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Anyone screaming “KyLE AlLEn Is 4-0 aNd CaM NeWtOn iS 0-9” has decide to throw all logical thinking out of the window and is one of the trending ignorant statements on this board 

Equivalent to sticking you fingers in your ear and yelling “la la la” loudly as someone tries and make a valid point

4-0 versus 0-9?  Isn't that just math.  What does it add up to be in your world?

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

4-0 versus 0-9?  Isn't that just math.  What does it add up to be in your world?

So we’re ignoring during that stretch the defense giving up 52 vs the Steelers, a unwarranted 2 pt conversion vs Detroit, an a goalline play call that I can only imangine in Madden ? Not to mention the more important factors like a injured qb or a better overall roster than last year ? How about Reid having a full camp ? Ron taking over defensive play calling ? 

Yeah let’s ignore all these facts and just go with 0-9 vs 4-0

8 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Someone who knows very little about football and has to use the simpleton theory of player evaluation. At least that’s what it says on my paper, Mr. Hand.

43 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

So we’re ignoring during that stretch the defense giving up 52 vs the Steelers, a unwarranted 2 pt conversion vs Detroit, an a goalline play call that I can only imangine in Madden ? Not to mention the more important factors like a injured qb or a better overall roster than last year ? How about Reid having a full camp ? Ron taking over defensive play calling ? 

Yeah let’s ignore all these facts and just go with 0-9 vs 4-0

Ok, to play devils advocate, what if everything you laid out shows the team plays harder behind Allen?

Archived