• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continued thoughts on Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Easier? Maybe,  but defenses have also gotten tougher and more sophisticated.  

And also Handcuffed by a rules committee who want more scoring in the NFL.. Let's please not act like it isn't easier to be a QB today.. Kyle got a roughing penalty for a hit that wouldn't even be thought about 5 years ago let alone 16..

He is essentially a rookie QB.  Throws a nice ball, has some pocket presence.  Has a lot to clean up.  Basically, does what he is told at this point.

With our coaching staff, that could be scary.  Not making huge mistakes beyond the fumbling, again, which he should be able to clean up.  He is a great backup at this point.

Nobody at this point can determine whether he will be a starter in this league or not.  Bias is the only thing leading that conversation no matter which side you come down on.

thoughts? 

half man, half god, half possible centaur.  I don't know but I wish he was my dad. 

we probably are all overthinking it.  We have a good team.  He gives us the best odds of our team winning right now.   Better odds over a gimp Cam and better odds of over an even greener Grier.  The 4-0 record pretty much answers that.  So we just pull for Allen and more wins and see if a healthy Cam ever emerges this year. 

3 minutes ago, Pantherology said:

Kyle had some CAM NEWTON HATER throws. Let's not let that go unnoticed!!

He clearly under threw and over threw a few of them....now, lynch him like ya do Cam!!

There is absolutely no stupider take on this board than "let's dump on Kyle or McCaffrey because somebody slighted Cam once".

Get a life, people :eyeroll:

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And also Handcuffed by a rules committee who want more scoring in the NFL.. Let's please not act like it isn't easier to be a QB today.. Kyle got a roughing penalty for a hit that wouldn't even be thought about 5 years ago let alone 16..

Again if it were so easy then guys would be putting up huge numbers every week and that isn't always true. As for roughing calls that is the Brady effect. 

Some of you don't understand how great Kyle Allen has been. He is 4-0 in 4 starts with 0 interceptions. Something that was unheard of before he accomplished it.

He will be 5-0 after the win in London. He the perfect QB for our outstanding head coach. He doesn't make mistakes, period.

Some of you can't see it yet, but Kyle is the greatest QB in franchise history and is paired with the greatest head coach in franchise history. The 2 of them are going to accomplish great things together this year and beyond.

He might lose a fumble or two here and there. It's not his fault he doesn't have larger hands. At least when he throws the ball, he isn't throwing it away or to the other team. That's where his intelligence and preparation comes into play.

34 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

These are my thoughts...

He may be the QB a coach like rivera wants...

Doesn't throw picks, and manages the game, and help facilitate the run game, and can make the throws when needed..  I think the fumble problem can be corrected easy.. the fact that he hasn't thrown a pick or lost a game so far, tells me he fits with what this team wants for their QB. Go manage the game, facilitate some long drives, eat clock, get it to guys on 3rd down.. dont turn the ball over... slow it down, be methodical...   its what a defensive minded coach fantasizes about with a QB

Cam is just as capable of that as Allen, obviously, but he needs to be 100% healthy..  Hurt CAm that is trying to do too much hurts the team.. Allen is perfectly fine with handing it off/ being a game manager.. Cam tries to be Cam, which is a superfreak.. Healthy Cam pulls that off, Hurt Cam doesn't and it hurts us

Good post.  I think you are absolutely right. 

Rivera/Norv want to manage the game by running the ball, moving the chains, controlling the clock, no turnovers, and a defense that gets after the QB and gets off the field.  You don't need a Superman at QB to execute this when a lesser hero is just as efficient.  If you are trying to manage the game, a game manager is all you need. 

Kyle Allen could win the next 14 games (including the SB) and half of the Panther "fans" would still argue we would have been better off with a "healthy" Cam.

I think someone complained Allen had less than 200 yards passing this week WHILE WE WERE RACKING UP NEARLY 300 YARDS RUSHING.  Good lord.

10 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Good post.  I think you are absolutely right. 

Rivera/Norv want to manage the game by running the ball, moving the chains, controlling the clock, no turnovers, and a defense that gets after the QB and gets off the field.  You don't need a Superman at QB to execute this when a lesser hero is just as efficient.  If you are trying to manage the game, a game manager is all you need. 

Kyle Allen could win the next 14 games (including the SB) and half of the Panther "fans" would still argue we would have been better off with a "healthy" Cam.

I think someone complained Allen had less than 200 yards passing this week WHILE WE WERE RACKING UP NEARLY 300 YARDS RUSHING.  Good lord.

i agree with you except for the healthy Cam

Healthy Cam is 2015 MVP Superbowl birth..  If CAm is healthy, by all means have him lead the team and have our coaching staff adapt..

but, if Cam aint Cam anymore, I think allen is the low key, game manager that rivera wants...  Rivera cant control Cam, Rivera can control Allen.. Allen may be the puppet rivera wants.. and thats cool with me.. defense wins championships if everything else falls in line

Archived