• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continued thoughts on Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

39 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Three wins in a row. Maybe max protect is the new secret weapon. 

I thought Kyle Allen looks more confident with Max Protect & throws really good balls. I think the first fumble yesterday & the pressure got in his head early on.  Kyle looked more comfortable in the fourth quarter even without max protection. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

Who was the better QB on the field yesterday??

When you figure that out .. You will understand why ppl feel Kyle needs to play like that more consistently to actually be considered a replacement for Cam.. 

which qb had time yesterday?  it has a lot to do with it

Simple Thoughts on Kyle Allen: I cannot WAIT to have Cam back.

Deeper Thoughts on Kyle Allen: This guy is a good backup, but he is not a long term starting QB in this league for a good team in the NFC. He creates his own pressure in the pocket sometimes, which is clearly not a good thing. Yes we have our O-line struggles, but there were more than a few clean pockets he ran away from on Sunday. His arm talent does not wow anyone. I think he struggles to read through his progressions at times, but I can say that he does not force bad passes that lead to errant picks (Which is something I'll admit Cam does at times). Not to mention the fumbles.. what is it like 6 in 3 games?  No good football player fumbles that much. I'm sorry, they just don't.

Kyle has exceeded expectations because for me personally, they were lower than Hornet's ticket prices will be year.

Keep Pounding lets get this win across the pond!

11 minutes ago, raz said:

which qb had time yesterday?  it has a lot to do with it

Minshew was being pressured too please stop the bs excuses.. Difference is Minshew was working the pocket better and throwing dimes down field giving his WR'S chances to make plays.. Kyle wasn't doing that and has been playing scared for 2 games now.. 

Plain and Simple if he wants to be in position to be considered a better option than a "Healthy Cam Newton" he needs to play like Minshew and less like a game manager..

I feel that Kyle Allen can be a good QB in this league if a team gives him a shot being a full time starter.  While I'm happy with what he's done for us this season, I hope it won't be us.  

To me he feels like he could be a Case Keenum type of QB, journeyman starter. If not, we can happily say I feel like we might have one of the best backup QBs in the league.  

Kurt Warner didn't take Trent Green's job by dinky and donky and handing the ball off.. He was consistently throwing for 200 + plus yards and a couple TD'S and holding on to the ball every game.. Kyle has time to prove himself but the last 2 games weren't it. ..

57 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The offensive line can’t pass block. Unless that gets fixed, it doesn’t matter who plays QB for this team

Correct.

It was pretty clear yesterday that the game plan was to stick to short and intermediate throws because they knew the line couldn't hold the blocks for enough time to go long.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct.

It was pretty clear yesterday that the game plan was to stick to short and intermediate throws because they knew the line couldn't hold the blocks for enough time to go long.

It's actually even more reason to keep playing Kyle Allen. You can't trot out Cam Newton and his various injuries sustained over a decade of playing professional football behind a line that can't block for more than 2 seconds. Not only would I wait until Cam is healthy to bring him back, I would wait for Greg Little and Trai Turner to be healthy too. 

Archived