• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continued thoughts on Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Then you know sales matter little unless you actually make money. You might want to let your buddy Capt know that. So what is better, a business that earned a million in sales and 100,000 profit or one that generates 300, 000 and 150,000 in profit? 

I would take 150 all day. But rarely are you making that spread unless your in construction. Also depends on the arc of the business. Is that 900,000 being reinvested or is it being used for expenses? Those type things matter. 

Just now, Snake said:

I would take 150 all day. But rarely are you making that spread unless your in construction. Also depends on the arc of the business. Is that 900,000 being reinvested or is it being used for expenses? Those type things matter. 

Or a service business where your overhead is low and you don't have much in materials, inventory etc and your labor costs are your main expense.

As for the 900,000 in a restaurant you have so.much in food costs, labor, utilities, rent etc it is hard to make a profit. Add the uncertainty that if you suddenly aren't popular or trendy (keto) you can lose all you built up due to nothing you caused or created and it is a tough business.

32 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m trying to figure out what you are talking about? You’re back pedaling, you said all that Tepper cares about is w/L correct? If so to hell with evaluating ect, either win or you’re gone to hell with “excuses”.

Than you asked me how did I think Tepper became a billionaire correct ? I’m sure as hell it wasn’t by only taking gambles on opportunities that would only net him revenue.

The bold is an big excuse by your logic displayed in this thread,so Snyder being a horrible owner shouldn’t be an excuse for the any coach who’s been employed by Snyder since 1999 correct? That’s your logic on full display, Snyder being a horrible owner is an excuse 

No I said Tepper is a result driven guy who cares about the bottom line which in business is earning money but in the NFL it is all about winning and losing and building your brand. In the NFL everyone makes money. Cleveland had 400 million in net revenue last year.

And yeah Tepper made most of his money investing in companies that we're distressed when prices were low. He made billion buying banking stocks right after the Wall Street debacle and banking scandals.

You said that Snyder was a horrible owner and failure because all he cared about was winning and losing. I said he was a horrible owner because if all he cared about was winning or losingthen he was doing a crappy job because he wasn't winning. Then you  jumped into some dialogue about profit and cost being more important than winning which I said was untrue since all NFL teams made money and the winning and losing was what separated good and bad franchises. Now we are up to present. So......

35 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Let me know what? You haven’t even stated what industry you are in.....because if it’s anything other than selling an intangible good than retention is more important than sells

That assumes repeat business or residuals. And it is a service business  that depends on referrals not retention. One down and 6 to go in "That's my line"

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No I said Tepper is a result driven guy who cares about the bottom line which in business is earning money but in the NFL it is all about winning and losing and building your brand. In the NFL everyone makes money. Cleveland had 400 million in net revenue last year.

And yeah Tepper made most of his money investing in companies that we're distressed when prices were low. He made billion buying banking stocks right after the Wall Street debacle and banking scandals.

You said that Snyder was a horrible owner and failure because all he cared about was winning and losing. I said he was a horrible owner because if all he cared about was winning or losingthen he was doing a crappy job because he wasn't winning. Then you  jumped into some dialogue about profit and cost being more important than winning which I said was untrue since all NFL teams made money and the winning and losing was what separated good and bad franchises. Now we are up to present. So......

I’m not talking about profits ect with the nfl, or nfl team.I never eluded to that. I’m talking in general business sense.

You leaning towards a different argument than you presented, yes he is result driven but I said that W/L total would not be his only evaluation tool, that’s it. You called those other evaluations o was referring to excuses.....so if we don’t give a damn about circumstances why care about anything else like a indoor facility that Tepper specifically said put us at a disadvantage? Or was that an “excuse” to ?

Snyder is terrible but if we are evaluating coaches simply off of w/L than every coach he’s hired is trash, no excuse right ? 

Bottom line is I said I’m sure there’s more to his evaluation than just looking at the win/loss total you don’t believe that, so be it, but finding out the “why” is and important evaluation in all scopes of life, otherwise we’d be a bunch of ignorant fools walking the earth because we see an explanation as an “excuse”

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That assumes repeat business or residuals. And it is a service business  that depends on referrals not retention. One down and 6 to go in "That's my line"

Insurance is a service business also but it is predicated on retention, unlike restaurant industry ect, you can sale 50 policies but if you have 40 cancel before the end of there term you’re losing more profit in the long term than short.

i would have to hear more details about how that business is structured before commenting on it    

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m not talking about profits ect with the nfl, or nfl team.I never eluded to that. I’m talking in general business sense.

You leaning towards a different argument than you presented, yes he is result driven but I said that W/L total would not be his only evaluation tool, that’s it. You called those other evaluations o was referring to excuses.....so if we don’t give a damn about circumstances why care about anything else like a indoor facility that Tepper specifically said put us at a disadvantage? Or was that an “excuse” to ?

Snyder is terrible but if we are evaluating coaches simply off of w/L than every coach he’s hired is trash, no excuse right ? 

Bottom line is I said I’m sure there’s more to his evaluation than just looking at the win/loss total you don’t believe that, so be it, but finding out the “why” is and important evaluation in all scopes of life, otherwise we’d be a bunch of ignorant fools walking the earth because we see an explanation as an “excuse”

We aren't talking business in general. This started when I said Tepper was interested in the bottom line which is winning and losing because as I pointed out all franchises make money. The NFL is not a normal business and when you are a billionaire the money is a given so you look for other things. The NFL is for rich people who want to flaunt their brand around which of course makes them more money.  So what does a competitive advantage bring? More wins and fewer losses. If you don't win what do you do? Change players or coaches or both. So why was Gruden fired today? Not enough wins and too.many losses. It ain't rocket science.

11 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Insurance is a service business also but it is predicated on retention, unlike restaurant industry ect, you can sale 50 policies but if you have 40 cancel before the end of there term you’re losing more profit in the long term than short.

i would have to hear more details about how that business is structured before commenting on it    

Actually restaurants count on retention, they call it customer loyalty or repeat business. 

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We aren't talking business in general. This started when I said Tepper was interested in the bottom line which is winning and losing because as I pointed out all franchises make money. The NFL is not a normal business and when you are a billionaire the money is a given so you look for other things. The NFL is for rich people who want to flaunt their brand around which of course makes them more money.  So what does a competitive advantage bring? More wins and fewer losses. If you don't win what do you do? Change players or coaches or both. So why was Gruden fired today? Not enough wins and too.many losses. It ain't rocket science.

I was, like you’ve stated a nfl franchise is going to be successful regardless win or loss, you asked me how’d I think Tepper became a billionaire and I used business examples 

so do we agreed gruden’s failures as coach are attributed to a combination of Snyder being a horrible owner, Alex smith suffering bridgewater lite injury, and the front office forcing players on him he did not want?(jay does have his fair share of blame too)

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually restaurants count on retention, they call it customer loyalty or repeat business. 

Depends on the restaurant, mom & pop shops most definitely do, your McDonald’s ect depend on innovation, healthy alternatives, new items because customer loyalty is always low among fast food restaurants do to the mass varieties 

6 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I was, like you’ve stated a nfl franchise is going to be successful regardless win or loss, you asked me how’d I think Tepper became a billionaire and I used business examples 

so do we agreed gruden’s failures as coach are attributed to a combination of Snyder being a horrible owner, Alex smith suffering bridgewater lite injury, and the front office forcing players on him he did not want?(jay does have his fair share of blame too)

Snyder has always mettled in all the football decisions typically with poor results. And much like Jones the problem has been the results haven't been good. Why? Because a franchise is ultimately judged by how much they win or lose. Which is exactly what I have said all along  The problems have persisted with Shanahan and every other coach they have had. The common denominator? Snyder. On the other hand, if Washington were a perennial 11 game winner, everyone would be singing Snyder's praises. 

Archived