• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continued thoughts on Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

Kyle Allen has now officially fallen back to earth with the first poor passing performance of his career. Yes, he has had fumbles but I am talking about passing. 

However, even though he had a rough day throwing the ball, still posted an 85 QBR and threw zero interceptions. 

For the first time his passes were off target fairly frequently. Makes me wonder now with the fumbles in the back of my mind has it affected what he does in the pocket and how he throws?

Jury still out on this guy, but overall it is positive still. Doing enough to win games even on bad days. 

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Kyle Allen has now officially fallen back to earth with the first poor passing performance of his career. Yes, he has had fumbles but I am talking about passing. 

However, even though he had a rough day throwing the ball, still posted an 85 QBR and threw zero interceptions. 

For the first time his passes were off target fairly frequently. Makes me wonder now with the fumbles in the back of my mind has it affected what he does in the pocket and how he throws?

Jury still out on this guy, but overall it is positive still. Doing enough to win games even on bad days. 

Agreed, he seemed to be hearing footsteps after the fumble and not stepping into his throws, causing them to sail high.  

Igo, you turned me on to the next gen passing charts, and that’s what has me alarmed. Sure, he’s completing ~70%, but we just aren’t throwing it down the field, and he clearly is better throwing it to the right half of the field.  Hard to have success in the NFL that way. 

Entire game plan yesterday was about not getting KA exposed.  He also continues to make fatal errors, but we keep getting bailed out. He’s doing the little things we are asking and I’m cool with that.  I fear us going down early to somebody though.

CMC is carrying this squad, and there’s enough talent on this roster that we don’t need mahomes.  I just want him to be Trent Dilfer.

2 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

I just want him to be Trent Dilfer.

Yeah, I don't think he is nearly Trent Dilfer. If an 85 QBR is what we can expect on bad days, I will take it all day and twice on Sundays. 

Hopefully he will bounce back against the Bucs and show us more of what he did in Arizona. 

Next week will tell us a lot.  As Tampa has shown they can execute a specific gameplan.   Bottle up CMC.  Attack the QB.  Leave big plays out there if you can make accurate throws under pressure.  I see no reason why Tampa would have a different game plan this week. 

6 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

Igo, you turned me on to the next gen passing charts, and that’s what has me alarmed. Sure, he’s completing ~70%, but we just aren’t throwing it down the field, and he clearly is better throwing it to the right half of the field.  Hard to have success in the NFL that way. 

Entire game plan yesterday was about not getting KA exposed.  He also continues to make fatal errors, but we keep getting bailed out. He’s doing the little things we are asking and I’m cool with that.  I fear us going down early to somebody though.

CMC is carrying this squad, and there’s enough talent on this roster that we don’t need mahomes.  I just want him to be Trent Dilfer.

Lot of ways to look at it.  

Some could say the entire gameplan was build around a makeshift OL the staff knew couldn’t hold up in pass protection. 

Probably a nice combo but it is a little amazing how some are willing to overlook the OL in all this just CMC was able to run. 

Just now, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

The guy is a great game manager that shows flashes. Nothing more, nothing less and the sooner the googly eyes go away and reality sets in, the better. With that being said, CMC is a beast and the reason we're sitting at 3-2 instead of 1-5. 

With a bad QB these are not wins. You really can't say a NFL QB has played no part in winning 3 in a row, as much as you want to. 

Let's not write him off yet. That was a mighty good team we played against (Doug Marrone is becoming one of my favorite coaches) and we still got the win. While it wasn't one of the lights out performances he's treated us to so far, it also wasn't some kind of trainwreck.

If anything, I'm glad this game happened for him. It'll show us a lot about how he is as a long-term starter. And he was certainly in there giving it all he had throughout the game. 

Let's not throw him under the bus yet.

Archived