• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good is Brian Burns anyways?

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I can't see Burns becoming a 4-3 DE.  I *could* see him becoming a 4-3 OLB and then moving him around to blitz.  I could see him becoming a better version of Thomas Davis basically.  He is faster, comparable 3 cone and slightly heavier than TD was coming out.  He could be amazing.

I just don’t know. Maybe he could be a Von Miller in a 4-3. But Miller is more well built than Burns. 

2 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Yes for the last 15 years. Haven’t missed a game thanks to streaming illegally on line and now to Amazon Prime and Hulu. And I have been going to at least two home games for the last 6 years. Now, do you watch the games? 

I watch as many as I can, which this year has been all of them. So, if you watch the games....how are you missing him being in a cast/club and getting limited snap counts? Then you say he's hitting a "rookie wall" despite the fact that he is obviously injured.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I watch as many as I can, which this year has been all of them. So, if you watch the games....how are you missing him being in a cast/club and getting limited snap counts? Then you say he's hitting a "rookie wall" despite the fact that he is obviously injured.

I understand he’s in a cast. What does a cast have to do with him not being able to rush the passer standing up from a 3-4 defense? 

4 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

I understand he’s in a cast. What does a cast have to do with him not being able to rush the passer standing up from a 3-4 defense? 

I am guessing you really don't know how any DL use their hands? I'm also guessing based on what you just wrote that you haven't actually watched many of our games, nor certainly understood much of what you saw.

5 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Being in a cast is a big deal in the NFL......Those fingers do a lot more than ya think.  Burns is showing promise and can still be a threat.  

10 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Seriously?  This is a question?

The entire pass rush game is a battle between the O linemen and D linemen each trying to either get their hands on someone or prevent someone from their hands on them.  While O linemen technically can't "hold", when the hands are within the frame of the body it's allowed.  D linemen don't even have that restriction.  The ability of a D lineman to grab and push or pull on an off balance O lineman is key.  Having a cast takes away a huge part of your rush game.

Oh, not to mention when you actually GET to the QB, it might be a good idea to grab them and hold them.

16 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Lol it has everything to do with it. You lose half your moves not to mention it's awkward. Rivera also has seemed to scrap the 3-4 looks lately and he's had his hand in the dirt. 

Archived