• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good is Brian Burns anyways?

Jeremy Igo

On 10/6/2019 at 8:34 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Last year midseason: "Donte Jackson is the next great shutdown corner."

Early This Season: "Man, Donte can't tackle for sh-t."

2017: "We shouldn't have spent a Top 10 pick on a running back."

Now: "McCaffrey is the best player in the league!"

It's five games into his rookie season.

We don't know as much as you think.

Knee jerk reactions or using anything to hate on a player they don't like to prove their point that they hate this team, coach, player 

On 10/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, 45catfan said:

Burns will be good, but outside of a few hits on Minshew today, the pass rush was hanging the secondary out to dry.  I know we had one of the best pass defenses statistically going into today, but not getting to the QB in most cases today showed how average our secondary is.  Granted we are a bit banged up back there, but Gardner Minshew II carved them up like a thanksgiving turkey today. Think about that...freaking Gardner Minshew II!

This is what I noticed Sunday. This Guy on the other team is no ordinary Rookie he looked like a 10 year vet out there. They attacked Cockrell and Boston alot but other then when Boston didn't switch over to cover Shark on the TD I thought our Secondary played well dude was just throwing dimes 

• 1 month later...

I don't know if he's hit a wall.

Mentioned previously that he seemed to have a fair number of little injuries. This latest one may have limited him a little.

The bigger deal though seems to be that teams now know they can run all over us and as Verge mentioned, run defense just isn't his strength.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if he's hit a wall.

Mentioned previously that he seemed to have a fair number of little injuries. This latest one may have limited him a little.

The bigger deal though seems to be that teams now know they can run all over us and as Verge mentioned, run defense just isn't his strength.

What defense will we run next year whether with Ron or not? We have invested highly on 3-4 OLBs in the thought of going to a 3-4. I just can’t see Burns and Miller ever being full time 4-3 DE. 

25 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

What defense will we run next year whether with Ron or not? We have invested highly on 3-4 OLBs in the thought of going to a 3-4. I just can’t see Burns and Miller ever being full time 4-3 DE. 

I can't see Burns becoming a 4-3 DE.  I *could* see him becoming a 4-3 OLB and then moving him around to blitz.  I could see him becoming a better version of Thomas Davis basically.  He is faster, comparable 3 cone and slightly heavier than TD was coming out.  He could be amazing.

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

I can't see Burns becoming a 4-3 DE.  I *could* see him becoming a 4-3 OLB and then moving him around to blitz.  I could see him becoming a better version of Thomas Davis basically.  He is faster, comparable 3 cone and slightly heavier than TD was coming out.  He could be amazing.

Probably not the most ideal scenario for him though.

It is fair to point out that he was drafted to play in a scheme that were not really running very much.

(which is a very "WTF" situation) 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Do you actually watch the games?

Yes for the last 15 years. Haven’t missed a game thanks to streaming illegally on line and now to Amazon Prime and Hulu. And I have been going to at least two home games for the last 6 years. Now, do you watch the games? 

Archived