• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good is Brian Burns anyways?

Jeremy Igo

He's Spider-man for sure: a kid with incredible powers of strength, agility and senses able to go toe to toe with the biggest and baddest around, but he's still a kid and has a lot to learn. He's amazing, he's spectacular, but he's still just a kid.

8 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Man he extended everything today that’s such a bonus with him I commend him for his scrambles and extending plays to get first downs.

We were missing to me our best DLineman and top CB at least who has the best hands Garner hits him like he did Ross once and BB once one would have been a pick probably both with DJ playing. His speed and hands were badly needed today vs the extra speedy Chark. Let’s not act like he isn’t a big part of the secondary which when playing takes us from average to above average type of secondary. 

Agreed.. he also bring an energy/cockiness to the secondary. He comes up to make plays and big hits. Hes not the best tackler but it isn't from lack of effort I tell you that lol.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keary Colbert looked like it too.

Likewise, others who started off looking like they wouldn't be any good later became stars.

They're all talented. That's the easy part.

Stuff like discipline, durability, reliability and other things can only be proven over time.

My biggest concern with Burns right now is he seems susceptible to a lot of little injuries. So far that's no big deal, but it's one of those "back of my mind" things.

A lot of little injuries? It's one that came from blocking a punt.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:47 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Can someone articulate for me how good this kid is?

“Good has many meanings. For instance, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of 400 yards, one might say that he is a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.” - GK Chesterton

Brain Burns is so good he could shoot your grandmother at a range of 500 yards.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:31 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Football fans sometimes remind me of kids in the back seat of a car on a long trip.

"Do we know if he's good yet?"

"It's been two games."

"Okay, it's been three games. How about now?"

"Still too soon."

"Okay, five games? Is he good yet?"

"We'll know when we know."

"And how many games will that be?"

"Ask your mother."

So true let's just enjoy it 

Archived