• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good is Brian Burns anyways?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

It’s always wise to proceed with caution. Hard not to be excited with the early returns.  

I was impatient when I was younger too.

These days I always hedge my bets.

Truth be told, I get excited about our potential like anyone else. I just try not to let myself get too excited too soon.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was impatient when I was younger too. These days I always hedge my bets.

Truth be told, I get excited about our potential too. I just don't let myself get too excited too soon.

Life’s short. It’s ok to feel good about what you see

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very good at times, but also extremely raw, makes his fair share of mistakes and seems to get nicked up a lot.

So basically, still largely unknown.

I don't know why your are getting pooed on, the kid is still very much raw and still going through a learning curve but still performs like a true NFL starter and a lot of potential to go beyond that.

8 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I don't know why your are getting pooed on, the kid is still very much raw and still going through a learning curve but still performs like a true NFL starter and a lot of potential to go beyond that.

Taking a "wait-and-see" approach is not the same as saying he's bad.

Hell, Ryan Kalil was so lost as a rookie that it inspired him to write a book.

Burns will be good, but outside of a few hits on Minshew today, the pass rush was hanging the secondary out to dry.  I know we had one of the best pass defenses statistically going into today, but not getting to the QB in most cases today showed how average our secondary is.  Granted we are a bit banged up back there, but Gardner Minshew II carved them up like a thanksgiving turkey today. Think about that...freaking Gardner Minshew II!

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Burns will be good, but outside of a few hits on Minshew today, the pass rush was hanging the secondary out to dry.  I know we had one of the best pass defenses statistically going into today, but not getting to the QB in most cases today showed how average our secondary is.  Granted we are a bit banged up back there, but Gardner Minshew II carved them up like a thanksgiving turkey today. Think about that...freaking Gardner Minshew II!

There were a lot of plays where the secondary held up but the pass rush never got home and eventually his receivers got open. I blame it more on the pass rush not getting there. Also, his runs up the middle when everyone got moved aside were obnoxious.

I dont think it's to early at all to say. As of right now he is good. Over time that could change.. injuries take away some of his fluidity or speed that is his trademark say later this year or the future then he might look like a bust. But the guy just impacts game is is leading the NFL for rookie of the year.20191002_195705.thumb.jpg.001ea51b98eb47413c8feca5dc25f7b8.jpg

2 hours ago, Ship said:

There were a lot of plays where the secondary held up but the pass rush never got home and eventually his receivers got open. I blame it more on the pass rush not getting there. Also, his runs up the middle when everyone got moved aside were obnoxious.

Man he extended everything today that’s such a bonus with him I commend him for his scrambles and extending plays to get first downs.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We were missing to me our best DLineman and top CB at least who has the best hands Garner hits him like he did Ross once and BB once one would have been a pick probably both with DJ playing. His speed and hands were badly needed today vs the extra speedy Chark. Let’s not act like he isn’t a big part of the secondary which when playing takes us from average to above average type of secondary. 

He's every bit as good as he looks.  It's silly. One year of NFL conditioning and he'll stuff runs and have a bull rush in the back pocket. He reacts faster than anyone else on the field. Didn't miss a beat on today's fumble picked up and looked like an RB off to the races.

Archived