• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good is Brian Burns anyways?

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Football fans sometimes remind me of kids in the back seat of a car on a long trip.

"Do we know if he's good yet?"

"It's been two games."

"Okay, it's been three games. How about now?"

"Still too soon."

"Okay, five games? Is he good yet?"

"We'll know when we know."

"And how many games will that be?"

"Ask your mother."

I think this is one of those cases that we don't have to ask.  There is no doubt he is a top tier NFL player, even though he still has a few things to learn.

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think this is one of those cases that we don't have to ask.  There is no doubt he is a top tier NFL player, even though he still has a few things to learn.

Keary Colbert looked like it too.

Likewise, others who started off looking like they wouldn't be any good later became stars.

They're all talented. That's the easy part.

Stuff like discipline, durability, reliability and other things can only be proven over time.

My biggest concern with Burns right now is he seems susceptible to a lot of little injuries. So far that's no big deal, but it's one of those "back of my mind" things.

This is why all the posts from the usual suspects complaining that Ron ruined the team's draft position by beating the Saints last year, were in fact stupid.  What if Allen doesn't play last year and because of that doesn't make the roster this year?  We'd probably be sitting at 0-5 or 1-4.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keary Colbert looked like it too.

Likewise, others who started off looking like they wouldn't be any good later became stars.

They're all talented. That's the easy part.

Stuff like discipline, durability, reliability and other things can only be proven over time.

My biggest concern with Burns right now is he seems susceptible to a lot of little injuries. So far that's no big deal, but it's one of those "back of my mind" things.

nights talladega GIF

17 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No he’s not 

Last year midseason: "Donte Jackson is the next great shutdown corner."

Early This Season: "Man, Donte can't tackle for sh-t."

2017: "We shouldn't have spent a Top 10 pick on a running back."

Now: "McCaffrey is the best player in the league!"

It's five games into his rookie season.

We don't know as much as you think.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Last year midseason: "Donte Jackson is the next great shutdown corner."

Early This Season: "Man, Donte can't tackle for sh-t."

2017: "We shouldn't have spent a Top 10 pick on a running back."

Now: "McCaffrey is the best player in the league!"

It's five games into his rookie season.

We don't know as much as you think.

It’s always wise to proceed with caution. Hard not to be excited with the early returns.  

Really really good, but I would like to see him win more on his first move. Seems like most of his pressures are on the second or third and can be just as much attributed to the coverage. I think he will get there obviously so I’m not really concerned at all but I would like to see him dust an OT once or twice a game.

Archived