• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saxy to Chicago

saX man

Spent a week there in the 90's on business and found a couple hole-in-the-wall bars with live blues. A place called Blue Chicago was amazing. I've always loved the old blues (Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, Brownie McGee, Sonny Terry), but I fell in love with Chicago blues during that trip and it's stuck with me. I love Chicago, except November through April.

Unfortunately Bears fans are basically assholes, otherwise I'd consider a road trip to see a game in Soldier Field.

I live two hours from Chicago. I only go in for shows and food so can’t really tell you the ins and outs of the city but it is an AWESOME place. I usually stay in andersonville. Swedish bakeries! Lou Malnati’s for deep dish pizza. Al’s beef. But I’m sure the locals know better places. The Willis tower was crazy.

CA5A7135-23A8-4E82-85A0-78279E56B8D5.thumb.jpeg.0b143b55d3eaed0578020a5ddd2542c6.jpegC8A8C04E-1D3E-4767-B018-EC530C5DEA97.thumb.jpeg.abbb9595903524411438d0e0e0472062.jpeg756A8063-3280-4102-BC07-8A93E54345CB.thumb.jpeg.7aee241fe72079d596b39fa2b83162eb.jpeg

I’ve been to all the major cities. LA, San Fran, Chicago, Atlanta, NYC and Chicago was my favorite by far.

West loop has some great food. Take it you will be working in the Loop.  

Alot of hole in the wall place makes it interesting exploring Chicago. 

Yes it is getting cold here. In January and February -20 isnt uncommon. but snowfall isnt alot in the city. 

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

West loop has some great food. Take it you will be working in the Loop.  

Alot of hole in the wall place makes it interesting exploring Chicago. 

Yes it is getting cold here. In January and February -20 isnt uncommon. but snowfall isnt alot in the city. 

Working and living in Fulton Market.  A really sweet job cam calling.  Very excited. 

I've been for winters before (along with even northern Wisconsin for Christmas!) so am not completely blind moving.  Friends and fam are abundant in the area anywhere from Deerfield to Naperville. 

Archived