• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Jaguars - Stats and Thoughts

Jeremy Igo

22 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

The Denver game was an anomaly for him with 225 rush yards with an 80+ yard run. 

his other games were 66 47 and 66. Not saying he couldn’t do damage against us but he has not looked good minus the Denver game which skewed his stat line. Go to the jags forum and read up on what they’re saying. 

And actually, in the game before the Denver game, he has something like 20 carries for minus 5 yards before he busted out a 69 yard run at the end of the game.  So he was completely bottled up the entire game, and busted one long run at the end of the game.  Other than that he would have actually had negative yardage for the whole game.

I forget when, I tend to block out bad games from my memory.  But I remember when some "average" RB ended up gashing our defense for big runs consistently and all the sudden it appeared we could not fight our way out of a wet paper bag.  One game can totally change our perspective due to the unexpected, negative or positive.  

On 10/2/2019 at 6:30 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

This week the Carolina Panthers host the Jacksonville Jaguars in a 90s throwback NFL expansion battle. 

Here is how these teams rank across the league.

Screenshot_20191002-062220_Drive.jpg

Notes:

Most concerning here is Sacksonvilles ability to get to the QB. Tied for 6th in the league is no joke. Let us hope Kyle Allen has quickly remedied his fumblitis. 

On the other hand, there should be opportunity for the Panthers to pass the ball especially considering Jalen Ramsey's heart may not be fully in the game.

Individual Leaders 

Screenshot_20191002-062317_Drive.jpg

Both CMC and Fournette are having good years. Well, CMC is having a MVP year. Fournette is no slouch though.

How do you see this game playing out?

Better indicators are Points per Play scored and Points per Play Allowed. The Panthers average offensive output of 23.8 points doesn't align with the other stats indicating that they likely run less plays on offense than the average NFL team, given the rankings in other statistical categories. 

The Jaguars aren't a consistently good run team. Before Fournette busted out a 60 yard run two weeks ago his 20 carries or so had negative yards. The other two games he was like under 70 and Minshew's INT came off of Fournette's hands. He went off against Denver. That is it. 

Suffocate Fournette and make Minshew beat us with constant pressure. Defensively, don't throw at Jalen Ramsey and try to keep things quick and simple for Allen. CMC needs the ball in space and it's going to be tough sledding simply running between the tackles. Outside of JR their secondary hasn't played particularly well.

If I'm the Jags I'd trade JR and use both first round picks on secondary players. 

Archived