• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Jaguars - Stats and Thoughts

Jeremy Igo

If the new CBA goes to 17 games, that extra game will undoubtably be AFC vs NFC at a neutral site.  Additionally, it’s rumored that it will annually match existing or potential rivalries.  This probably means Jacksonville will be set up as our annual rivalry game (instead of once every 4 years)in a place like Columbia, Clemson, Orlando, or international. I’m not crazy about concocted rivalries, so here’s hoping that something happens in the Panther’s win to create an ongoing animosity that kindles a real rivalry.

Fournette actually hasn’t been playing well minus this last game when he went off but that was mainly due to an 80+ yard run. Jag fans consider him a massive bust. You stop him by getting to him early. If he picks up steam he’s gone but he doesn’t have much agility.

1 hour ago, Wolfpack352 said:

I don't mind if Ramsey plays.  I want to see how Kyle does against good defense.  I see a battle of CMC vs Fournette early on.  Then a shootout between Minshew and Kyle.  Keep pounding!

We literally just seen last week how Kyle will play against a good Defense.

The Run game is going to be the #1 thing to watch out for.

As much as everyone like to talk about the new QB.   They work that run game to carry the team

Rushing yards per game:

They are 6th

We are 24th in rushing yards D

Rushing Yards Per Attempt:

They are 2nd

We are 28th in yards given up per carry

Fournette IS having a good year. 

Fournette so far this year.  3rd in yards per game at 101 rushing yards. At 5.6 yards per carry

In comparison 

CMC so far.  1st in yards per game at 102.8 rushing yards at 4.8 yards per carry

We have given up 8 consecutive games of 100 yards rushing.  This week would make 9 which would be the franchise record for most consecutive 100 rushing yards games given up

We are without KK, they see that

They have a late round rookie playing in his 3rd game, and we lead the NFL in sacks

Expect them to run the crap out of the ball.

Lastly, their top 3 WRs are speed guys (4.3 guys).  As good a season Bradberry is having.  The speed guys are always his kryptonite.   So can easily see them hitting a deep shot off the playaction if the get that run game going

Archived