• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Jaguars - Stats and Thoughts

Jeremy Igo

This week the Carolina Panthers host the Jacksonville Jaguars in a 90s throwback NFL expansion battle. 

Here is how these teams rank across the league.

Screenshot_20191002-062220_Drive.jpg

Notes:

Most concerning here is Sacksonvilles ability to get to the QB. Tied for 6th in the league is no joke. Let us hope Kyle Allen has quickly remedied his fumblitis. 

On the other hand, there should be opportunity for the Panthers to pass the ball especially considering Jalen Ramsey's heart may not be fully in the game.

Individual Leaders 

Screenshot_20191002-062317_Drive.jpg

Both CMC and Fournette are having good years. Well, CMC is having a MVP year. Fournette is no slouch though.

How do you see this game playing out?

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This week the Carolina Panthers host the Jacksonville Jaguars in a 90s throwback NFL expansion battle. 

Here is how these teams rank across the league.

Screenshot_20191002-062220_Drive.jpg

Notes:

Most concerning here is Sacksonvilles ability to get to the QB. Tied for 6th in the league is no joke. Let us hope Kyle Allen has quickly remedied his fumblitis. 

On the other hand, there should be opportunity for the Panthers to pass the ball especially considering Jalen Ramsey's heart may not be fully in the game.

Individual Leaders 

Screenshot_20191002-062317_Drive.jpg

Both CMC and Fournette are having good years. Well, CMC is having a MVP year. Fournette is no slouch though.

How do you see this game playing out?

Looks like a recipe for Jax to have a good day on the ground. 

Slug fest, just have to watch out from the big plays.  And make sure no pressure up the middle. 

Their WRs are all speed guys.  The top 3 WRs were all 4.3 guys coming out of college.  Speedy WRs generally gives our secondary more trouble than any other type.

While our pass D is Good, the Run D can be suspected.  Especially big hammer style RBs (see Gurley avg 6.9 yards a carry). If he get past the frpnt 7, I really worry about Boston etc trying to take him down. 

Minshew, I think our front 7 can rattle him.

The other side of the ball.  Those guys can bring pressure.   They can smell blood and hit hard there.  

The Titans have possibly the worst interior OL in the league and especially at Center.  They schemed a Lot of Calais Campbell in the middle and sacked Mariota 9 times with 14 QB hits.  With the way Paradis has been playing, its scares the he11 out of me.

So shut down Fournette, eliminating them from developing long drives.

And keep the pressure off Allen

This is going to be a very hard game.  Playing against a hardcore running and defensive team.

IF: We can't protect Allen AND he fumbles the ball a lot - we're doomed.

IF: We don't consistently get after their QB, we're toast.  Mishnew looks like a gamer.  He looks like he could be the GUY in Jacksonville for a long time, plus the mustache!

We need big days from our WRs.  They need to be a major threat to open things up for CMC.  You know they are going to hone in on CMC and try to hit Allen as much as possible to get the ball on the ground.  We need Samuel and Moore to step up and make plays.

This is very much a 50/50 game for both teams.  I'd love to see Allen continue his undefeated starting streak.

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

This is going to be a very hard game.  Playing in London against a hardcore running and defensive team.

IF: We can't protect Allen AND he fumbles the ball a lot - we're doomed.

IF: We don't consistently get after their QB, we're toast.  Mishnew looks like a gamer.  He looks like he could be the GUY in Jacksonville for a long time, plus the mustache!

We need big days from our WRs.  They need to be a major threat to open things up for CMC.  You know they are going to hone in on CMC and try to hit Allen as much as possible to get the ball on the ground.  We need Samuel and Moore to step up and make plays.

This is very much a 50/50 game for both teams.  I'd love to see Allen continue his undefeated starting streak.

We don't play them in London, we play the Buccs in London.

They had one good game from Fournette against a terrible Broncos run D, preceded by three bad games  He could be good or a non-factor.

I give us the slight edge at home. I think we are a more complete team, but haven't yet put together an offensive and defensive performance in the same game.

If on the other hand we lose, it's hard to project us as a playoff candidate having lost 3 successive home games. Gotta win at home.

Archived