• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The kicking game.

ellis

Just now, thebigcat said:

Chase Blackburn is going to quickly rise the coaching ranks

I agree. It’s the same way John Harbaugh came up. He’s definitely got what it takes. Plus, he played quite a bit of defense in his career, so he has an understanding of coverages and concepts.

They have some studs on that punt team. Jamerson has been an amazing find at gunner. Now they’re using Bonnafon at gunner on the other side, and he looks fantastic. Smith and Carter are turning into elite coverage guys, and Colin Jones does what he does.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

John Harbaugh made the jump. If hes a good coach there is nothing limiting him to special teams. It wasnt his specific knowledge of specal teams that Rivera cited as to why he was brought in as an intern. Belichick is another who started there.

He knows defense. Played in Perry Fewell’s system, ironically enough. Picked Brady off in the SB. 

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

John Harbaugh made the jump. If hes a good coach there is nothing limiting him to special teams. It wasnt his specific knowledge of social teams that Rivera cited as to why he was brought in as an intern.

Yes it’s possible but just extremely rare. If he really wants to be on the path to being a HC he will probably need to move to LBs then up to DC.

I can’t even think of another ST coach to HC move off the top of my head aside from Harbaugh and Harbaugh got added as the DB coach in order to get looks as a HC.

Archived