• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers DT KK Short to IR

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The further back ones that I remember...

Kerry Collins over Steve McNair

Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George

DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis

Dan Morgan over Will Witherspoon

Jimmy Clausen over forfeiting the pick

I've also always wondered what would have happened if Jacksonville had gotten the number one draft pick in 95 and we got the first pick in the expansion draft.

Jack Bushofsky confirmed that we would have taken Steve Beuerlein if he'd been available. Maybe then Jacksonville takes Collins or McNair and we get Tony Boselli.

Can't help wondering just how different this franchise would have been.

It's why a black cat is a terrible mascot. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I mean it was four seasons ago. It's not called the Not For Long league for no reason. A lot can change over the course of four years.

Yeah for sure but thought at least kk or turner would show they were worth the contract l, to strike out on both sucks 

2 minutes ago, rico6 said:

I thought Star never wanted to stay here? If what’s being said is true, then yeah thank god gettletrash is gone, but Hurney should be chopped too.

Word was he was never all that happy here.

Never really heard any specifics as to why. He was kind of an offbeat guy in college too but I don't know how much that has to do with it.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The further back ones that I remember...

Kerry Collins over Steve McNair

Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George

DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis

Dan Morgan over Will Witherspoon

Jimmy Clausen over forfeiting the pick

I've also always wondered what would have happened if Jacksonville had gotten the number one draft pick in 95 and we got the first pick in the expansion draft.

Jack Bushofsky confirmed that we would have taken Steve Beuerlein if he'd been available. Maybe then Jacksonville takes Collins or McNair and we get Tony Boselli.

Can't help wondering just how different this franchise would have been.

Injury bud happens sometimes. Deshaun Foster and Tim B had the talent to be one of the best RBs in the game during their time they just got degraded by injury.   

Dan Morgan at his peak was near Luke ability so I get it but concussions ended his career.

I sure was looking forward to KK getting snaps in this D that had 14 sacks the last 2 weeks. 

Big Vern needs to understand with each week, he could could either add millions to his new contract OR ..... well just contact Kevin Benjamin to see the other option.

I dont know why people are saying this is another panther mistake. Star is NOT a 5yr 50mill player and Norwell was hurt for 6 games last year, the games he did play where meh at best. In no way highest paid worthy. 

Turner worries me cause he looks sloppy fat. In the panthers O, its RG vs 3-tech DT. Turner is up against the baddest mofos on most DLs, he needs to be in top shape. 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

We’ve done this twice, not only with kk over star but turner over norwell

Jacksonville fans are talking about the possibility of Norwell being benched. Go take a quick read at their message board. Turner was definitely the best guard of the two long term. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word was he was never all that happy here.

Never really heard any specifics as to why. He was kind of an offbeat guy in college too but I don't know how much that has to do with it.

I figured it was primarily location based with Star always having been a western U.S. guy but then he signed with Buffalo... which also suggests it probably wasn't a coaching staff issue either. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I figured it was primarily location based with Star always having been a western U.S. guy but then he signed with Buffalo... which also suggests it probably wasn't a coaching staff issue either. Who knows?

Could conceivably have been staff related if he preferred McDermott to Rivera.

Like you said, who knows?

Archived