• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers DT KK Short to IR

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Actually, if we designate him post June 1, we can save 14 million next year.

image.png.c2295ee13d2472eab979119ac70556e5.png

Oh you’re right, nice! 

I kind of always banked on us cutting Poe to save 10 million this offseason but with the way Poe’s been playing he might end up being worth his 13 mill cap hit. Short is definitely not worth 20 mill cap hit.

With Shaq and Bradberry up for new contracts, KK at 20 mill becomes a luxury we can’t afford. 

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I feel like those thinking this is huge are looking at KKs ‘paid for his past’ Hurney contract

In looking at his recent, and sadly not so recent play...he can easily be replaced

but don’t take my word for it, rewatch the last two games

Gettleman gave him that contract

I'd say this regarding Short's contract...

At the time he got paid, he was worth it. One of the best DTs in the league and followed it up with a good season. A lot of us were sweating that we'd lose him.

But as we've talked about before, judging how good someone is now is a whole lot easier than judging how good they're going to be in three or four years. Failing at that can hurt you...bad.

1 hour ago, Seoul_Panther said:

When he has an impact KK is a game changer but his inconsistency doesn't quite match his contract.

With Poe and Mccoy, its not game over for the season, although obviously you hate to see him off the field. Between Cam and KK that's over $30 million in cap sitting out.

You've gotta wonder what this means for next year. What did the restructure do to his contract next year? Is he a cut candidate?

I don't always trust overthecap

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/carolina-panthers/

but its saying KK's cap hit is $20 million next year and his dead money if cut would be $17 million. Holy smokes. If that's true hes got to be feeling pretty comfortable right now...

Somehow I doubt he's feeling good.  

I love how fans dismiss everything in the name money. 

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Gettleman gave him that contract

Which was dumb.

But then Hurney restructured which is even dumber. Made it so he can’t really be cut until 2021.

At least that’s how I understood the restructure but not sure, maybe someone else can enlighten me on what exactly the restructure did.

KK is a good player no doubt but he’s overpaid. He is the top paid DT in two of his contract years and top 5 for most of them...

Archived