• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers DT KK Short to IR

Jeremy Igo

After the initial "OH NO, KK!!!" wore off, I can see the team in the best position possible for this type of situation.

Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Kyle Love, Efe Obada, Vernon Butler, and Brian Cox Jr make this move much less terrifying than it originally felt.

25 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Huddle never ceases to amaze.

When KK was playing- “The bum is terrible and stopped trying after he got paid.”

News about KK being out for the season- “Oh no, our season is doomed, such a huge loss!.”

Did anyone not see just how stellar our D has been the last two games without him? I hate it for him but I promise, we will be just fine 

Depth matters, especially on the DL.

Just now, Icege said:

After the initial "OH NO, KK!!!" wore off, I can see the team in the best position possible for this type of situation.

Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Kyle Love, Efe Obada, Vernon Butler, and Brian Cox Jr make this move much less terrifying than it originally felt.

Somewhat...

For whatever people think of Short, he's still better than his backups. Losing him weakens our defensive tackle depth and our overall defensive line rotation. That's the kind of thing that shows up more late in games and later in the season.

Can't really deny that we're worse without him. How much worse remains to be seen.

Here's to hoping the remaining depth is up to the task.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Somewhat...

For whatever people think of Short, he's still better than his backups. Losing him weakens our defensive tackle depth and our overall defensive line rotation. That's the kind of thing that shows up more late in games and later in the season.

Can't really deny that we're worse without him. How much worse remains to be seen.

Here's to hoping the remaining depth is up to the task.

Of course given the choice between Cox Jr& KK, you take KK all day.

The strength of the position group though (especially in comparison to others), makes this best position group on the team to absorb such a loss imo.

I feel like those thinking this is huge are looking at KKs ‘paid for his past’ Hurney contract

In looking at his recent, and sadly not so recent play...he can easily be replaced

but don’t take my word for it, rewatch the last two games

24 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Let's hear all those people whining about the Poe and McCoy signing now...  THIS is why you need depth.

Never complained about Poe even last year. He got put in a defense that he excels at. Washington ruined this defense last year.

52 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Hated the contract when we gave it out now I hate it even more. Especially since he restructured and can’t be cut this offseason

Actually, if we designate him post June 1, we can save 14 million next year.

image.png.c2295ee13d2472eab979119ac70556e5.png

Archived