• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is your starter against Jax

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

I'm still not sold on Allen, but I hope he continues to prove me wrong. 

The beauty of it is that you don't have to be.  Winning is all that matters.  I don't care if Sir Purr is back there as long as they win.   That should be Ron's mentality if he wants to keep his job.

11 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

If you haven’t caught on by now, the team isn’t deciding when he plays again. Cam is sitting himself out and it’s not all injury related. 

seriously bro.  you know something or not?   or just speculating?

I find it funny the main ones keep starting and commenting in these cams threads are the main ones trying to push him out the door. I Find it real psychological because they know deep down at some point its really possible cam is coming  back and when or IF we start losing games with king kyle this whole situation shifts drastically and THEY KNOW IT especially if he continues to have games like he did last sunday and im not against Allen at all i just know what the feeling will be in the air. 

But Nobody can predict whats gonna happen with Cam and the season so Just gonna sit back and see what happens.

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I find it funny the main ones keep starting and commenting in these cams threads are the main ones trying to push him out the door. I Find it real psychological because they know deep down at some point its really possible cam is coming  back and when or IF we start losing games with king kyle this whole situation shifts drastically and THEY KNOW IT especially if he continues to have games like he did last sunday and im not against Allen at all i just know what the feeling will be in the air. 

But Nobody can predict whats gonna happen with Cam and the season so Just gonna sit back and see what happens.

Yeah that's the same feeling people had when Cam lost 8 straight.

If Kyle crashes and burns and Cam comes back and plays incredibly then I would be tremendously happy that he did. I just want to win. I could give a poo about race or politics. Just win.

20 hours ago, SBiii said:

What does this term "game manager" mean?

What else would a QB be referred to as?

"Game manager" is a QB who has a few games a season where they light it up, but for most games they just don't turn the ball over, have rather pedestrian stats, but they keep the defense off balance enough that they usually come out with a win. 

Basically they don't carry the team, they just make sure everyone does their job.

2 minutes ago, 332nd said:

"Game manager" is a QB who has a few games a season where they light it up, but for most games they just don't turn the ball over, have rather pedestrian stats, but they keep the defense off balance enough that they usually come out with a win. 

Basically they don't carry the team, they just make sure everyone does their job.

A game manager sounds pretty nice.  I've always been under the impression that it meant "not that good"...but in a nice way.

50 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Sounds like a steady series of 10-6 seasons, playoffs 4-of-5 years, occasionally a good playoff run....

....sign me up.

All you have to do is listen to Cam talk. He talks about stepping away from the game. Getting himself ready mentally. Yes he’s hurt and that’s apart of it. Unfortunately I was wrong when I disagreed with the Andrew Luck comparisons. What you’re seeing is a guy reevaluate if he’s going to play football again. Cam is never going to be that quarterback that accepts a backup role. He’s either going to play and be Cam or he’s not going to play at all and he hasn’t been himself in maybe two years. He’s not enjoying playing football right now. He has plenty of money and can walk away. 

If anything the injury has given him a reason to be able to step away from the game. If he comes back this year I think how he plays the remainder of the year will determine his future, but it’ll be his decision and not the team’s. 

Nobody is hitching their wagon to Kyle Allen long term and as Panthers fans I hope you don’t buy into short term feel good over long term success. Kyle Allen is Matt Moore. He’ll ball out a few games here and there but you don’t build your team around him. High floor, low ceiling.

that's all pure speculation on your part aceboogie.   you're such a cam fan you're just making stuff up to fit your story about the situation.  you went really off the rails with the 'cam's decision and not the teams' stuff, and then speculating about allen.  both parties have a choice to make.  i get it.   i loved jake soooo much.  didn't want to admit he was losing it...    you'll get over it and probably not get over-attached to qb's again.  

Archived