• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question: Without Cam is this a playoff team?

Jeremy Igo

Ask me again after the bye once the league has 4 or 5 games worth of tape on Allen and we've seen what he can do over time.  Also can we win without having CMC get 432 touches per game AND sell popcorn and beer in the stands. Because that seems like the sort of thing that could come back to bite you in the arse by the end of a long season that included playoffs.

FYI: I hear he puts his own salt seasoning on the popcorn he sells and it's amazing. Tastes like Barry Sanders highlights.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

As I said last week before the games, Arizona and Houston weren’t going to be real tests. Jacksonville was going to be the big test. Let’s see how he looks against a real defense. 

Huh?  Texans are way better than the Jaguars.  Especially considering Texans was a road game and Jags will be a home game.

Not saying we're guaranteed to win vs the Jags or anything, that isn't how the NFL works and it will be a tough game considering their defense.  But I'm not sure how @ Texans isn't a test but vs Jags is.

All depends on the defense. If they keep playing like they have the past two games?  Absolutely, maybe a Super Bowl team.  If they revert to like they played in the first two games, no. We’ll beat bad teams and lose to good ones.  Game managers win Super Bowls these days as often as star QBs. Take Brady’s SB Infinity Gauntlet out of the equation and I’d say defense + game manager wins more than star. And half of his rings were won as a game manager with a great defense. 

34 minutes ago, Mage said:

Huh?  Texans are way better than the Jaguars.  Especially considering Texans was a road game and Jags will be a home game.

Not saying we're guaranteed to win vs the Jags or anything, that isn't how the NFL works and it will be a tough game considering their defense.  But I'm not sure how @ Texans isn't a test but vs Jags is.

Jags defense with Ramsay is tougher to play against than Houston. 

Archived