• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question: Without Cam is this a playoff team?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't disagree with this in principle.  However, consider the tape so far.  Can throw deep, can throw short, can move, good against the blitz, good against coverage, moderately high game intelligence.  The only knock on him at this point is his ball security, which honestly seems like one of the easiest things to coach up.  Aside from the fumbles, what do you attack?

While Kyle Allen isn't Cam, he's *just* mobile enough to run the same offense minus a few designed QB power runs.  The fact that opposing DC's are saying they'd rather game plan for Cam than for Kyle speaks VOLUMES.

You're thinking big picture, NFL DCs are looking for the small details, the tendencies, the specific weaknesses. They're just now starting to be able to out those things together on Allen.

I'm really pleased with how Allen has played so far aside from the fumbling issue, but I've just seen this heroic backup story play out too many times in the NFL to get too excited too fast.

No way to know.

Seemingly the only thing that's "normal" this year is the Pats being really good at football at a part of the season where they normally aren't.

Good teams are losing, bad teams are winning, a few starting QB's have already gone down, and we aren't in Oct. yet.

Typically I have a pretty good handle on the NFL after the first 4 games....I have no idea what's going on out there right now.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

No way to know.

Seemingly the only thing that's "normal" this year is the Pats being really good at football at a part of the season where they normally aren't.

Good teams are losing, bad teams are winning, a few starting QB's have already gone down, and we aren't in Oct. yet.

Typically I have a pretty good handle on the NFL after the first 4 games....I have no idea what's going on out there right now.

The NFL has the occasional "weird year".

I'd agree this might be one of them.

14 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I make a post and get poo'd by an alt that was created within the last 5 minutes.

I guess the mods aren't even bothering anymore.

1 used unique IP address

1 used device

1 registration valid email 

Not much more I can ask. I don't think it's an alt. 

If I judge by the last two games and consider your conditions of Cam not coming back this year, I could see them winning 7 or 9 games battling for final wild card spot. I have major concerns about the offense. 

1. We turnover the ball at an alarming rate. 

2. We don't generate enough chunk plays (20+yards)

3. Inconsistent pass protection 

4. Overeliance on CMC and Olsen.

Against inferior teams we can get by with a defense that is playing at a high level but if the aforementioned problems are not corrected or limited I don't see this team controlling its destiny. Will have to hope that other teams make mistakes for us to sneak into playoffs.

While i am riding the Kyle train, I will say it is not ALL on him.  Only a collective team effort and execution is going to enable us to win the division.  Kyle is simply a piece of the puzzle and I am happy with how good he is throwing the ball, I believe he can get us there, again as a team effort.  WR, TE, OL, DL and etc...all need to continue to ball out.  

Kyle Allen is undefeated as a starter

There are 12 games left in the season.

If he continues his 100% COMPLETELY attainable streak of going undefeated then we will be 14-2 and win the division. 

If he goes undefeated in the regular season then OF COURSE He will continue to go undefeated into the playoffs and proceed to not lose all the way to the super bowl.

All signs point to victory. All signs point to playoffs.

Super Bowl confirmed. 

Archived