• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Line on Allen in this game.

Jeremy Igo

the bottom line on allen this game is he turned the ball over 3 times. if our defense isn't absolute clamps and CMC doesn't do what CMC does, those easily could have cost us the game., i get that its exciting to see someone new at the position, but those 3 fumbles might as well be interceptions. perhaps worse. you can't win in this league turning the ball over 3 times and not getting it into the endzone. that isn't a slam against allen, because there have been some VERY encouraging throws, but to frame this game as anything but a stinker seems disingenuous. he needs to feel the pocket better and secure the ball on the way down. 

10 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

So exactly how long does it take for you? Only 3rd game as a starter and 3 - 0 with no picks.  Tell me when we are supposed to have him figured out?  Year 5?  What we DO KNOW because anyone can see it.  The Panthers play with more fire and more heart!  I might add that he is the only QB they have WON with in quite some time.  Tell me when we should know what we have?  Or tell that same jive to Giants fans. 

Are you saying this just because you don't want to piss certain posters off on this board or are you seriously meaning that his performance isn't telling you that right now, he is the man?

More than 3 games, especially when one was against a team that was just trying not to get anybody hurt before the playoffs.

Probably at least half a season or so...

PS: Regarding the last bit, guessing you don't know me because those who do would tell you I am not the least bit afraid to piss anybody off.

Just now, KillerKat said:

lol more hot takes. Panthers playing with "more fire, more heart" when we have the same problems now as we did when Cam was at QB. Only difference is we have a healthy one at QB now, but one who still turns the ball over when hit. People just love making poo up now that their guy is at the helm.

I agree we have the same problems. We turnover the ball at alarming rate, inconsistent protection, lack of big plays, overeliance of CMC. I am happy with the win, especially how the defense performed but the offense has to do better. 

1 minute ago, CatTower said:

We lost every game last year that Cam threw at least 1 pick, except for 1.  But, what do I know.. LUL.

Yeah not like he was playing hurt or anything and couldn't cover for our poo coaching anymore. He was 6-2 and looking great before that Steelers game. But whatever narrative that makes you happy and fits your agenda

10 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Bullshit.....Cam has made plenty of plays at the end to seal games coming off struggling from mistakes. Thats pretty much been the  norm with this team over the years to keep it close just for cam to bail us out in the end. Sorry but we are not doing this, if anything kyle showed he could come threw in that role just like cam.

Panthers played a typical panther game today and found a way to win in the end......Ugly.

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

We have arguably the best back qb situation in the league.  Lol @ all of you that fretted over this all preaseason.  Stoic face Ron knows more about football than you do.  Double lol. 

Said it before: Ron knowing more about football than all of us put together doesn't mean anything. I need him to know more than Sean Payton and Bruce Arians.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Yeah not like he was playing hurt or anything and couldn't cover for our poo coaching anymore. He was 6-2 and looking great before that Steelers game. But whatever narrative that makes you happy and fits your agenda

You aren't saying anything that proves Cam isn't emotional and gets down when he makes mistakes.  The fact that he has long losing streaks and winning streaks only proves my point more that he is emotional guy that rides the wave.  Accusing me of having some type of agenda is just dumb and there's no point for me to continue this discussion.

Proud of his effort today, but that ball security is a HUGE issue.  The game shouldn't have even been that close had he not fumbled it three times...  and I believe that was 5 fumbles over two games for him.  Right now, he looks like an incredible young QB to groom behind Cam and eventually a legit starting QB down the line and he's doing great filling in...  but, he has to take better care of the ball in the pocket.

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

lol more hot takes. Panthers playing with "more fire, more heart" when we have the same problems now as we did when Cam was at QB. Only difference is we have a healthy one at QB now, but one who still turns the ball over when hit. People just love making poo up now that their guy is at the helm.

Can't say I disagree with this, the oline is still an issue but honestly he still reads the field better and I'm not sure what you mean by hot takes or making poo up?  Do you mean a Panther fan that is excited about a team win?  Also, what do you mean by their guy at the helm?  Can you please point out where I have every said Cam Newton wasn't my guy?  I've been on this board long enough and made enough post so since he has been a starter, I'm sure, if I have ever said that Kyle Allen was my man you can find it so quote it please!

Archived