• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Line on Allen in this game.

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Struggled early. Much adversity. Bad mistakes

Brushed himself off and came up clutch in the biggest of ways when they needed him most.

Big growing experience for him today.

His mistakes weren't throwing the ball, period.  All his mistake were on the OL.  If we are being real right now, who's to blame for the sack/fumbles...Allen or his so-called protection?   Regardless of where you place the blame, the dude doesn't fold after getting dealt some really crappy hands.

Love the composure.  That throw he made to Samuel was sick.  Only person to catch it was Samuel.

He had some mistakes but at least two of those sacks were blindside and not 100% his fault.  

He has good pocket awareness but would like to see it improve.   Good God.  When he scrambles he needs to be ready for a hit.  Preferably get down.

Said it in the gameday thread: reminded me a lot of Jake Delhomme's second game as a starter.

After the dramatic high of the last second win in Jacksonville, Delhomme had a rough outing against the Tampa defense. If I recall correctly, I think Delhomme fumbled a couple of times in that game too.

We still ended up winning of course, and Jake did go on to do better things.

Allen might do that too, but it's no guarantee.

Bottom line for me we still don't know how good he is, or isn't. That was just his third game as a pro, and only the second under true game conditions, so anyone who thinks they have him fully scouted out right now is probably about as reputable as Miss Cleo.

18 minutes ago, CatTower said:

His persistence was admirable.  I'm so used to seeing Cam make a mistake and then let it drag him down the rest of the game.  Allen took every mistake in stride and never missed a beat.

Bullshit.....Cam has made plenty of plays at the end to seal games coming off struggling from mistakes. Thats pretty much been the  norm with this team over the years to keep it close just for cam to bail us out in the end. Sorry but we are not doing this, if anything kyle showed he could come threw in that role just like cam.

Panthers played a typical panther game today and found a way to win in the end......Ugly.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it in the gameday thread: reminded me a lot of Jake Delhomme's second game as a starter.

After the dramatic high of the last second win in Jacksonville, Delhomme had a rough outing against the Tampa defense. We still ended up winning of course, and Jake did go on to do better things.

Allen might do that too, but it's no guarantee.

Bottom line for me we still don't know how good he is, or isn't. That was just his third game as a pro, and only the second under true game conditions, so anyone who thinks they have him fully scouted out right now is probably about as reputable as Miss Cleo.

So exactly how long does it take for you? Only 3rd game as a starter and 3 - 0 with no picks.  Tell me when we are supposed to have him figured out?  Year 5?  What we DO KNOW because anyone can see it.  The Panthers play with more fire and more heart!  I might add that he is the only QB they have WON with in quite some time.  Tell me when we should know what we have?  Or tell that same jive to Giants fans. 

Are you saying this just because you don't want to piss certain posters off on this board or are you seriously meaning that his performance isn't telling you that right now, he is the man?

I think he did a good job of throwing the football. However, if the defense didnt play lights out, we would have grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory. 5 fumbles in 2 games. We were the superior team, but we give inferior teams hope because we turnover the ball at an alarming rate. 

2 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

So exactly how long does it take for you? Only 3rd game as a starter and 3 - 0 with no picks.  Tell me when we are supposed to have him figured out?  Year 5?  What we DO KNOW because anyone can see it.  The Panthers play with more fire and more heart!  I might add they he is the only QB they have WON with in quite some time.  Tell me when we are should know what we have?  Or tell that same jive to Giants fans. 

lol more hot takes. Panthers playing with "more fire, more heart" when we have the same problems now as we did when Cam was at QB. Only difference is we have a healthy one at QB now, but one who still turns the ball over when hit. People just love making poo up now that their guy is at the helm.

Archived