• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Line on Allen in this game.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

Allen looked lost when his first read was not available.  He always tried to dump it to CMC.  On few occasions other options were wide open and Allen did not see em.

That's generally all he had time for is one read.  It's the chicken/egg scenario.  Would Allen have made more progressions and less fumbles if he had more time?   Who knows?   Allen had NO time because our OL is hot garbage.

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

I’m not missing anything, our defense won that job and did their best to eliminate the mistakes Allen made.

I already said Allen is a good backup

I hear you, but you are crediting our defense while assuming Houston's defense is some JV squad.  They are a very good defense too, statistically, better than us in most categories.  Our backup outplayed their starter.  I'll take that any day of the week and considering both OLs are hot garbage, one would have thought Deshaun would have had the advantage.

52 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Make no mistake about it we won that game in spite of Allen, he did his best to try and lose it.

But he’s a capable backup so I’m happy we won

Ron’s job is on the line, this kid gets him Ws and has chemistry with the team.  Allen keeps winning and he will stay for as long as he wants.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Just read what I quoted. I mean, you said it, not me.

Cat Tower implicated that I was downplaying Allen’s performance (which I never did) hell, he led the game winning drive, but if the defense didn’t bail out those turnovers and Bill O’brien doesn’t go full retard before halftime we possibly lose today. 

Not sure where any “win quantification took place” unless you’re just looking for an axe to grind on a Sunday evening.

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I guess all can be forgiven as long as you make 1 good play.

I am happy we won.  But I wasn't happy with Allen's play.  

There's forgiving and there's forgetting.

Ditto with Eric Reid. A couple of big plays don't erase that he was lousy for the vast majority of the game.

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I hear you, but you are crediting our defense while assuming Houston's defense is some JV squad.  They are a very good defense too, statistically, better than us in most categories.  Our backup outplayed their starter.  I'll take that any day of the week and considering both OLs are hot garbage, one would have thought Deshaun would have had the advantage.

Their defense isn't that good. Brees and Rivers lit them up, Minshew did ok also. Allen was the only one to struggle vs them.

Archived