• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Line on Allen in this game.

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dude, really? You called it 24-10 Texans, then smugly said you were out. Don't you think you need to take a rest from all this? At least until you decide which way the wind takes you?

Actually I will do what I want, but thanks for your suggestion.....lol.  
I was out, went to the grocery store and got back for the final 3 minutes. No wind here pal, I’m a fan, I’m just not gonna waste my time every weekend watching something that makes me exactly zero dollars.  

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Allen outplayed Deshaun Watson.  Allen had more yards and a higher completion %, but yet he's just okay despite out-dueling one of the most hyped QBs in the League.  Watson had fewer fumbles...that's the only stat line where he bested Allen.  The sad part, Houston's OL is supposed to be in worse shape than the Panthers.  After today, I'm not so sure.

Watson played horrible so that isn’t saying much. The Texans secondary is mediocre at best so Allen underperformed for nfl standards.

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Actually I will do what I want, but thanks for your suggestion.....lol.  
I was out, went to the grocery store and got back for the final 3 minutes. No wind here pal, I’m a fan, I’m just not gonna waste my time every weekend watching something that makes me exactly zero dollars.  

Yeah, we are all in this fandom thing for the money. It is the same thing every week with you. You call the game a loss, then tell us how the weather calls you, and you will probably stop watching.

Yet here you are again. That wind must be blowing hard to make you this wishy washy. 

1 minute ago, rico6 said:

And again, they were threatening to score because the defense was gassed until they WR pass-play.

That was 1 series in the game at the end of the 1st half where they were just on the field for a 10 play drive that resulted in a Texans FG.  To use that as evidence that Allen wasn't a good game manager and didn't keep the defense off the field is a mockery and just shows that people like you will do anything to trash his game.  

Just now, CatTower said:

That was 1 series in the game at the end of the 1st half where they were just on the field for a 10 play drive that resulted in a Texans FG.  To use that as evidence that Allen wasn't a good game manager and didn't keep the defense off the field is a mockery and just shows that people like you will do anything to trash his game.  

Nah I believe Allen is a solid QB, but we’re singing a different tune if O’brien doesn’t call that play and our defense didn’t play like it did today. Which was damn near legendary a performance.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yeah, we are all in this fandom thing for the money. It is the same thing every week with you. You call the game a loss, then tell us how the weather calls you, and you will probably stop watching.

Yet here you are again. That wind must be blowing hard to make you this wishy washy. 

Think what you want bro. Your opinion means less than zero to me as I’m sure mine does to you. Not even sure why you wasted  the time commenting on my post.  
I guess it made you feel good to call someone out   Good night.....

3 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Watson played horrible so that isn’t saying much. The Texans secondary is mediocre at best so Allen underperformed for nfl standards.

You are missing the obvious, we won with a reserve QB that coughed up the ball four times over a STARTING QB at HOME whom some consider a phenom.  We scored 16, they scored 10.  So Allen outplayed Deshaun.  Minimize it all you want to.  I'm going to take it...and rub it Clemson fan's face.  Ooops and fell to #2 today.

3 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Nah I believe Allen is a solid QB, but we’re singing a different tune if O’brien doesn’t call that play and our defense didn’t play like it did today. Which was damn near legendary a performance.

Why do you feel it necessary to quantify a win? I guess we didn't win pretty enough for you?

1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

Allen looked lost when his first read was not available.  He always tried to dump it to CMC.  On few occasions other options were wide open and Allen did not see em.

So, you're telling me Jarius Wright, who had 6 targets and 5 catches, was his first read?

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You are missing the obvious, we won with a reserve QB that coughed up the ball four times over a STARTING QB at HOME whom some consider a phenom.  We scored 16, they scored 10.  So Allen outplayed Deshaun.  Minimize it all you want to.  I'm going to take it...and rub it Clemson fan's face.  Ooops and fell to #2 today.

I’m not missing anything, our defense won that job and did their best to eliminate the mistakes Allen made.

I already said Allen is a good backup

Archived