• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom Line on Allen in this game.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

The bottom line is he’s 3-0 in his first three starts, all on the road. 

That’s pretty rare.

I'm sure somebody could research it, but I'd bet there aren't 3 QBs in the history of the game who've started with 3 road wins and -0- Ints.

Screw the strip sacks, that's not on him as much as it is on his blockers (and the DL gets paid, too.)  He's done an exemplary job, when the team needed him the most.  Kudos, Kyle!

I'm a Panthers fan above all else. I'm stoked we're winning. I'm enjoying what I'm watching each week now. Period.

If we continue doing this and winning, Allen isn't getting pulled for Cam. You Cam Newton fans can live with that reality. I love Cam. I've defended Cam. Hell, I'm known at work as the guy who fights for Cam. However, I also know that right now, Allen is doing a hell of a job and while he isn't as great as a healthy Cam Newton, he is 100% a better fit for the style of offense that Norv wants to run. This is proven by Allen being pretty damn efficient even by healthy, first half of 2018 Cam standards. But God forbid you say you prefer this offense and the way it operates under Allen than what you saw under Cam. Then you get called a racist or whatever.

To the Cam haters, Allen isn't Brady. He's doing well but you are the same ones swearing we should have started DA after every TB win he got. You are as transparent as the Cam fan club. You don't like the brash, young black male who goes against convention. Just say it and be done with it.

35 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I totally understand why some of the smarter players have decided to leave the game early, while they are still relatively healthy and competitive.

If they live below their means, make a few smart investments and get out of the game early (before it permanently disables them) that seems like the smart move.  

Who wants to live in constant pain for the next 4 or 5 decades?

I don't harbor any ill will against Andrew Luck or Calvin Johnson. And I don't pity Junior Seau.

24/34 for a 70% completion rate.  Look at the numbers before you type folks.  It makes you seem dense.  Besides the one scramble where Allen lost the rock, the rest of the sack/fumbles were a result of someone on our OL getting abused.  Should he have held onto the ball when he got hit?  That's debatable, but the fact is he took a hit that shouldn't have happened in the first place if our OL was worth a flip.

Archived