• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy breaks down Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

23 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You know I think one reason pocket awareness is overlooked in qb prospects while arm strength is over emphasized is the relative ease with which one is measured vs the other.

If an NFL organization really wanted to gain a competitive advantage over its peers, it might behoove it to develop methods of more thoroughly and accurately assessing this part of their game because I think you are right. You have it or you don’t, so a team should seek to know if a prospect has it and weigh that more heavily than they currently do.

Put em in a dark room and see if you can sneak up on em.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Put em in a dark room and see if you can sneak up on em.

Make em wear that helmet that Obi Wan puts on Luke in Star Wars and see if they can still dodge pass rushers.

Kidding aside I honestly believe the team that could develop a drill to accurately measure this ability or a metric to evaluate the degree to which a college prospect possesses it would gain themselves a non insignificant short term advantage given the way having a franchise qb on a rookie contract is the clearest path to contention right now. Long term if it works it's gonna get out and get copied but if it gets you the next Wentz or Mahommes...

Archived