• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy breaks down Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Arm strength is highly overrated.

Said it before: The awareness it's just something you have or you don't. I don't really believe it can be coached.

Pocket awareness is basically like doing what the guy on Psych does, but at a hundred miles an hour with huge men chasing you down.

You know I think one reason pocket awareness is overlooked in qb prospects while arm strength is over emphasized is the relative ease with which one is measured vs the other.

If an NFL organization really wanted to gain a competitive advantage over its peers, it might behoove it to develop methods of more thoroughly and accurately assessing this part of their game because I think you are right. You have it or you don’t, so a team should seek to know if a prospect has it and weigh that more heavily than they currently do.

3 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You know I think one reason pocket awareness is overlooked in qb prospects while arm strength is over emphasized is the relative ease with which one is measured vs the other.

If an NFL organization really wanted to gain a competitive advantage over its peers, it might behoove it to develop methods of more thoroughly and accurately assessing this part of their game because I think you are right. You have it or you don’t, so a team should seek to know if a prospect has it and weigh that more heavily than they currently do.

Allen certainly has great pocket awareness from the 2 games we have seen him.  Cam has never had good pocket awareness. I agree,  a player either has it or doesn’t....you can’t teach it.  

11 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Allen certainly has great pocket awareness from the 2 games we have seen him.  Cam has never had good pocket awareness. I agree,  a player either has it or doesn’t....you can’t teach it.  

This is so untrue. Maybe not pocket movement, but Cam has been Houdini in the pocket his whole career. It's the only reason his tackles haven't killed him. 

Just now, Snake said:

This is so untrue. Maybe not pocket movement, but Cam has been Houdini in the pocket his whole career. It's the only reason his tackles haven't killed him. 

I’m not talking about getting out of a jam in the pocket, rather the awareness of the pocket collapsing around you and when to move.  Cam always seems to wait until it’s too late and never steps up into the pocket.  

20 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’m not talking about getting out of a jam in the pocket, rather the awareness of the pocket collapsing around you and when to move.  Cam always seems to wait until it’s too late and never steps up into the pocket.  

That's called pocket movement not awareness. Awareness is when you sence pressure and escape. Kyle Allen has both good movement and Awwarness. Cam has only good Awwarness. His movement is not great. 

Im a big fan of the kid. Think he’ll have another huge game tomorrow. I remember him coming in for Heinicke last season vs the Falcons and he played well. Allen has played well in every regular season game so far. I know some people said, pump the brakes it’s just Arizona but Lamar Jackson didnt even throw for 4 tds in week 2 against them. 

10 hours ago, ellis said:

He senses pressure much better than most quarterbacks do with his level of experience in the pros. He doesn’t have a rocket of an arm, but that’s not really that important in Norv’s offense. And before you jump on my ass about it, Kyle has a good arm. He doesn’t have a rocket. He delivers a high velocity ball with pretty damn good accuracy. It’s perfect for this offense.

I really like his intangibles.  In sports some guys are great in practice and wither in tight big games.  I don’t see that in him. He seems to handle crunch time pretty well so far.    If the line can hold up tomorrow I think he is gonna ball out again. I just get that feeling from him right now that none of this pressure is too big for him.  

Archived