• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy breaks down Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

He senses pressure much better than most quarterbacks do with his level of experience in the pros. He doesn’t have a rocket of an arm, but that’s not really that important in Norv’s offense. And before you jump on my ass about it, Kyle has a good arm. He doesn’t have a rocket. He delivers a high velocity ball with pretty damn good accuracy. It’s perfect for this offense.

I really hope he can keep this up...at least until cam can get back healthy and competitive again (if he can).

trying to keep myself from getting too hyped up about allen. I keep telling myself that it was just one game, but it was an amazing game. felt good to have the team looking so good. it's been too long. reminded me of before cam's shoulder started bugging out last year. 

1 hour ago, R2-D2 said:

Does baldinger owe us money or something 

Don't know how any legit reporter could evaluate it differently, but he has been a source of hope for us.

Here is the key---get rid of the ball quickly this week, but shift to max protect (disguise it) and go deep on occasion.  Run CMC at their pass pressure.  A good game plan could beat Texas, from what I have seen.

35 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I really hope he can keep this up...at least until cam can get back healthy and competitive again (if he can).

trying to keep myself from getting too hyped up about allen. I keep telling myself that it was just one game, but it was an amazing game. felt good to have the team looking so good. it's been too long. reminded me of before cam's shoulder started bugging out last year. 

I agree, but he showed us a good game in 2018 and we made excuses--preseason game, etc. However, people need to realize that it is just as hard to play behind a team that has lost 8 games as it is to play vs. a defense with many backups. 

Frankly, the main reason I want to see Allen (and Grier, for that matter) develop is the simple fact that it gives the Panthers some options.  If I have a 23-year old QB who can put up similar or even better numbers, I doubt the check I write for a 31-year old, banged-up QB is going to be very impressive.  I shop Cam by the end of the season.

If he sucks, we are in a bad situation and Cam's agent will know that.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

He senses pressure much better than most quarterbacks do with his level of experience in the pros. He doesn’t have a rocket of an arm, but that’s not really that important in Norv’s offense. And before you jump on my ass about it, Kyle has a good arm. He doesn’t have a rocket. He delivers a high velocity ball with pretty damn good accuracy. It’s perfect for this offense.

this is the thing that makes it really hard to keep from getting excited. he's two games in and played like an old very good vet. 

and I get what you're talking about not having a rocket for an arm. He does have a strong arm, but he's also not going to be hurting his players hands rifling the ball through their fingers. cam is or at least was amazingly strong and I don't think he knew just how hard he was throwing that ball. 

i'd much rather watch superman cam play than anyone because that guy was and is one of the most exciting and fun players I have ever watched play. if or until we get that guy back, I think we are in good hands with allen….at least that's how it looks right now.

Archived