• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen Presser - LIVE

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You one of those people who nitpick everything anyone ever says to you and can never joke around? 

I am literally a stand up comedian in real life. Also, the person who I quoted acknowledged how it came off but decided to leave it like that on purpose to see if anyone would show up and be ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

I am literally a stand up comedian in real life. Also, the person who I quoted acknowledged how it came off but decided to leave it like that on purpose to see if anyone would show up and be ridiculous. 

Just because you're good at roasting people on stage doesn't mean you don't parse words in a personal setting. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Just because you're good at roasting people on stage doesn't mean you don't parse words in a personal setting. 

The guy I quoted validated what I wrote. You are the one making a big deal about it. It also doesn't change the fact that you made a poor attempt to make an assumption about me and whiff. Just let it go and move on to the next thread, my dude. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

The guy I quoted validated what I wrote. You are the one making a big deal about it. It also doesn't change the fact that you made a poor attempt to make an assumption about me and whiff. Just let it go and move on to the next thread, my dude. 

Watching film and being able to take action on what you see on film are two different things. I distinctly recall at least 3 meaningful passes that Cam never would have made because of the coverage of the defense. He often locks on to his first receiver, is slow through his progression, and then ends up making the wrong reads, even when not under pressure. 

Compound that by the fact he couldn't even work to escape the pocket in both games played and you get the appearance that he doesn't watch film. 

He's a starting NFL quarterback, of course he watches film. 

But it doesn't negate the fact that it appears that Allen, in two games, is making better reads and decisions in Turner's offense than we've seen Cam make. Nevermind the fact that CMC doesn't have to touch the ball 30 times in rushing and receiving because Allen can get it to his receivers. 

But, of course Cam watches film. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Watching film and being able to take action on what you see on film are two different things. I distinctly recall at least 3 meaningful passes that Cam never would have made because of the coverage of the defense. He often locks on to his first receiver, is slow through his progression, and then ends up making the wrong reads, even when not under pressure. 

Compound that by the fact he couldn't even work to escape the pocket in both games played and you get the appearance that he doesn't watch film. 

He's a starting NFL quarterback, of course he watches film. 

But it doesn't negate the fact that it appears that Allen, in two games, is making better reads and decisions in Turner's offense than we've seen Cam make. Nevermind the fact that CMC doesn't have to touch the ball 30 times in rushing and receiving because Allen can get it to his receivers. 

But, of course Cam watches film. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with anything you wrote above outside of the you get the appearance that he doesn't watch film part. I understand, like you have written, that all the QBs watch film but still miss reads and throws. It happens when real bullets fly and defenders are in your face and your initial read doesn't get open. You only have so long to move around and make a play, especially behind our line. Allen seemed way more at easy in the pocket than Cam has in recent years and maybe after being bludgeoned by opposing defenses for so long he is gun shy. Cam has also spent a lot of time in our new offense not even practicing which has given Allen more reps. 

Again, I don't really disagree with the bulk of what you wrote. The OP made a statement that sounded very much like he was implying our former MVP QB doesn't watch film. That same poster then admit he knew it read like that when he posted it but then wanted to see if he could get reactions out of people. All I wrote was exactly what was going through his mind after he read it as well and you tried to attack me personally over it. Not sure upon reading how the thread played out you were upset enough at my accurate comment to do that but to each their own.

Kid seemed to have perspective from his presser and aware of he opportunity in front of him. I always like players that faced some sort of adversity and persevered, from being the number 1 recruit in the nation to bouncing around colleges and ultimately undrafted. This team that Hurney has put together has talent if we can get stable Qb play from Allen there's no doubt we can go on a run here. 

Archived