• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sound off: How will Kyle Allen do in Houston?

Jeremy Igo

On 9/25/2019 at 12:13 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

220 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick, 100 QBR

A QB RTG of 100 would be an outstanding result. 

Watson bounced back from a 70.9 game in week-2 with a 135.8 game in week-3 to bring his average up to 107.0

If Kyle could clock in at 100.0 it would give him an average of over 122.0 which would have him trending into the top-5 in the NFL. 

Top-5 after 3-games are...

image.png

Bottom-5 are...

image.png.24e6018778a145397f60ecd26f688ace.png

Note: Three of bottom-5 were DNP in week 3, Fitz played a few mop-up minutes and only threw 2 passes so his avg. is for 2 games, Mayfield the only one with 3 full games.

He made a living last week with timing under pressure against man coverage. You’ll see less blitzes this week, and more zone from Houston. If the Texans can create havoc with a four-man rush, playing zone, it might be a tough day for Kyle. 

It’s not easy match up. But it’s not impossible. Will have more on this match up on Saturday.

The way I see it, Allen will be the least important person on offense.

If the oline can't give him any time..and im not talking 10 seconds to hang out waiting.  But just *any* time..then it wont matter.

If CMC can't get the run game started, it won't matter.

If DJ Moore/Samuel can't continue to progress, and get open, separation, and catch the ball; it won't matter.

As an UDFA making his second start ever, I can't expect him to be the one to compensate for those other units failing.  But if they give him a chance, I strongly believe he will deliver.  

As far as stat line?  Anywhere from 100 to 350 yards, with 1-4 tds, 1-3 INT, and 0-5 sacks.  I am not a betting man.

21 hours ago, CatfanMO said:

Ive been gone for a few days and havent had time to call out any of you that said I was crazy that Allen would be 100x better than what Cam had been doing. Eat crow. 

Because it's a good scheme.  People wanted to blame Norv for Cam's shortcomings, when in reality, Norv's system helped an inexperienced, undrafted QB have one of the better performances we've seen in years.

Archived