• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sound off: How will Kyle Allen do in Houston?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Since you're the one making the assertion can you cite a source? From an NFL perspective he's done nothing but play well when the opportunity presents itself.

And he barely played in college so I have no clue WTF this guy is even talking about.....

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

OK, this question is one of the more interesting in recent seasons. 

How will Allen do in Houston?

I feel like he will still have a good showing, but not Arizona type numbers. 

220 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick, 100 QBR

Worse. Houston is just a better team and will have a week to adjust away from "dare Cam to pass long" mode. On the plus side, CMC may get more running room in the secondary now that the safeties know that Samuel + Allen is a legitimate threat. Either they back off or sell out and try to wipe out our suspect O-line, in which case Kyle will get to try out his dink and dunk game. Should be fun either way!

Facing 3rd and 5 from the Texans 15, down 28-24 with 37 seconds left, Kyle Allen throws a perfect pass into the hands of Greg Olsen at the 2 yard line. Although typically sure-handed, he bobbles it, allowing Benardrick McKinney to grab it in the air. McKinney sprints down the sideline, looking free to score a pick 6 to seal the game. At the Panthers 40 yard line, none other than Kyle Allen comes sprinting from behind, torpedoing his body forward to slam McKinney with all his momentum, jarring the ball loose for a fumble. Allen picks it up and starts running it back. 6 Texans converge on him, but in the corner of his eye he spots McCaffrey on the other sideline without a Texan in site. He tosses a perfect lateral pass to the opposite side of the field and McCaffrey runs it 45 yards untouced to the endzone. Panthers win 31-28. The legend of Kyle Allen grows.

Allen's final stat line: 342 yards, 3 tds, 1 interception, 1 tackle, 1 forced fumble.

9 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Houston has a better defense and I think it will show.  Allen won’t look like the second coming but I think he will be adequate and get a win.  190 yards 1 TD. I think we rely more on  quick dink’s and runs by CMC to win this one.  

That's never been a recipe for success. We better be balanced or we won't win this one.

Archived