• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... What's the plan against Deshaun Watson?

Jeremy Igo

I think we'll see more of the 3-2-6 lineup this week. I'd like to see more A-gap blitzes with Shaq and Luke, but the Panthers seem to have gotten away from it. 

If they can get to him early, it could be enough to throw Watson off his game, but I think he's too good to not get his. 

This looks like a high-scoring game. 

You got to blitz and get pressure on Watson IMO.  I’d probably run a lot of those delayed blitzes people love to run on Cam. 

Yeah, he will get his.  But Watson is a lot like Cam.  He will take sacks as he looks for the big play.  

If we just sit back and try to play coverage.   There is no DB that can cover Nuk if given time 

6 hours ago, Verge said:

Our DBs match up really well with their receivers, just have to make sure their TEs don't burn us. Their o-line is pretty trash, so we will not struggle to get pressure. 

I don’t think we match up well vs the WRs. 

Gotta have pressure and disrupt the play from evolving. 

They have the edge with their #1 and #3 WRs if they run 3 WR sets.   As much as I love Bradberry he simply has shown to play his best against WRs he knows.  Out of division WRs cause him more problems and Hopkins is the best in the league.  We also don’t have a good option vs Stills when they go 3 wide IMO

9 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

Activate all our pass rushers. I dont care if Kawann sits out again this week. He has been a disappointment since 15’. Butler player better last Sunday than Kawann has so far this season. 

Let Luke spy on Watson and have our young rushers come off the edge. We need another big game from Mario. Chargers couldnt get to Watson all game; had just 2 sack. 

I think our offense matches fairly well vs Houston’s defense. Keenan Allen had a field day against their secondary. Their corners are a 35 yr old Joseph and Bradley Roby who never did live up to expectations in Denver. Remember this secondary is the same one that got abused by Brees and they next day had to cut Aaron Colvin. 

It's like people choose to see what they want to see.

Short was a force week 2 against the Bucs. Dude was in the backfield all game. 

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

You got to blitz and get pressure on Watson IMO.  I’d probably run a lot of those delayed blitzes people love to run on Cam. 

Yeah, he will get his.  But Watson is a lot like Cam.  He will take sacks as he looks for the big play.  

If we just sit back and try to play coverage.   There is no DB that can cover Nuk if given time 

I'd also add that we have to contain the edges. Not just to contain Watson but to also take away his outlet throw.

And for gawd's sake ............................ TACKLE!!!!!

Archived