• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Steve Smith talks Kyle Allen and Cam

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

If this is the level that Kyle Allen plays at consistently then he's a very good quarterback.

Cam has had games where he passed for 5 touchdowns and rushed for 100 yards.  That's being a one-man offense.

But do you still believe he's capable of doing that now?

(thats a big big question)

2 hours ago, Nesbro1 said:

In all seriousness and correct me if I'm wrong Jeremy.

But if that was Kyle's best isn't it still better than any game Cam has played from the pocket?

While Cam might have games with more yards or a higher completion percentage I can't recall him hitting guys that clean in the hands and in stride without having to climb a ladder to get it or dive or reach behind them.

I also don't recall him hitting guys that clean while still on the run like Kyle did more than once.

I could be wrong like I said I don't remember it.

Yes you’re wrong and it’s because you’re a prisoner of the moment. How disrespectful do you have to be to diss Cam like that.  

Of course Allen should start until Cam gets healthy but we shouldn’t declare him a better QB than Can ever was after two games.  How embarrassing for this fan base.

no, our wr's and te's have never had balls like that to catch from cam.  those were ridiculous.   cams have been going 1,000 miles an hour.   its not a problem unless cam can't put the ball there, even if its screaming.   if allen can ball consistently - and he's gonna have learning curves - but if he's setting the ball in people's hands on an out - and just setting it there - that's our qb until the wheels come off and we jut stole the colts qb 'luck'.     its like drawing an inside straight.    

The amount of disdain for Cam is incredible. He plays hurt and routinely puts the team on his back but after 2 games and the end of last season people on here and in the media are ready to crown Allen starting QB and trade away Cam for draft picks.

It is significantly easier for a quarterback with no tape to do well in the nfl. Look at kyler murray, daniel jones, etc. A career is FAR more than one game or a few games.

If Allen plays like that for a few more games he can keep us in the thick of things while Cam recovers and potentially leads us to a super bowl. Why people think we somehow have Tom brady sitting on the bench after one game, I have no idea. This is ridiculous. But I am happy that we have a viable backup qb on the roster.

IF Allen goes on a win streak, it'll be hard to make the decision to pull him. He's able to make the throws Cam hasn't due to his arm. I feel this injury was a major set-back for Cam. He needs reps IMO... I said I believe the throwing will get better as the season progress... now we're talking until what Nov? Definite set-back for him.

5 hours ago, Nesbro1 said:

In all seriousness and correct me if I'm wrong Jeremy.

But if that was Kyle's best isn't it still better than any game Cam has played from the pocket?

While Cam might have games with more yards or a higher completion percentage I can't recall him hitting guys that clean in the hands and in stride without having to climb a ladder to get it or dive or reach behind them.

I also don't recall him hitting guys that clean while still on the run like Kyle did more than once.

I could be wrong like I said I don't remember it.

History revisionism.

Cam has done it plenty of times. Here's one of my favorite games.

340 yards 5 tds 100 rush yards

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I still think Allen plays until he loses. Cam won't be ready for several more weeks. If Allen is on a 5 game win streak why on Earth would you bench him 

Because not only is it Rivera’s style but Cam is the franchise QB. If he is 100%, Cam will be playing, I agree with Smith.

I love winning and the accuracy from Allen but I don’t see this franchise not playing Newton at 100%. If Allen does well, it will be a next year thing.

3 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

Ok good game.

But it was 4 years ago. He's not as big,strong or fast as he was then.

My concern is that without 2015's running ability that he can't win the Superbowl with just his arm.

I think it's a valid concern. 

Let him get healthy before making such statement. He was having a career year last season before injury.

54 minutes ago, Car123 said:

History revisionism.

Cam has done it plenty of times. Here's one of my favorite games.

340 yards 5 tds 100 rush yards

Man it is absolutely jarring to compare his arm strength then to what it has been the last two seasons.

Archived