• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A thread for the for the musically obsessed

davos

What are your top three (New & Old) Artist(s), Songs & Live acts right now?

Me:

Artist(s): Tom Waits, My Morning Jacket, Traffic

Songs: Can't Find My Way Home (Blind Faith), Let Down (Radiohead), One Big Holiday (My Morning Jacket)

Live: Clutch, Phoenix, & forever Eric Clapton

What are your top three (New & Old) Artist(s), Songs & Live acts right now?

Me:

Artist(s): Tom Waits, My Morning Jacket, Traffic

Songs: Can't Find My Way Home (Blind Faith), Let Down (Radiohead), One Big Holiday (My Morning Jacket)

Live: Clutch, Phoenix, & forever Eric Clapton

theres a my morning jacket video on youtube from there performance on david letterman with the boston pops orchestra that everyone should see.

If I understand this correctly, and you mean RIGHT NOW without our all time favorites getting any benefit my list would be thusly:

Artists: Rise Against, Jay-Z, Them Crooked Vultures

Songs: Savior, Empire State of Mind, Forever (Kanye, Eminem et al.)

Live: She Wants Revenge, Kenna, Kings of Leon

At this moment Savior and Empire State of Mind are the two songs that I get up and play every morning, so those songs and artists get the nod. For live shows, I really prefer small venues, and bands that play small venues (100-1,000 people). The only band I'd go to an Arena to see right now would be Kings of Leon.

If I understand this correctly, and you mean RIGHT NOW without our all time favorites getting any benefit my list would be thusly:

Artists: Rise Against, Jay-Z, Them Crooked Vultures

Songs: Savior, Empire State of Mind, Forever (Kanye, Eminem et al.)

Live: She Wants Revenge, Kenna, Kings of Leon

At this moment Savior and Empire State of Mind are the two songs that I get up and play every morning, so those songs and artists get the nod. For live shows, I really prefer small venues, and bands that play small venues (100-1,000 people). The only band I'd go to an Arena to see right now would be Kings of Leon.

I'm not a rap/hip hop type but I gotta say Empire State of Mind is a really catchy tune

Archived