• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is Coach's Film Tuesday - a few things I see

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, bigdavis said:

Good spot.  Van Roten has gotten a lot of vague criticism on the Huddle, but I see him as a very competent blocker, both in pass protection, and at the second level downfield on runs.  Keep an eye on him next game, and see if you all don't agree.  I have no idea how he "grades" on PFF,  but to my eye, he gets the job done.

He grades pretty poorly on PFF. I do think he does a much better job than he gets credit for both from PFF and the fans, but he will never be anything more than an average player. Which is fine really. Can’t expect everywhere to be great.

3 minutes ago, run1stdownrun2nddown said:

Such an incredible throw to Moore on that play. It happened so fast in real time I was thinking the ball bounced off the back of the defender's head and Moore got a lucky bounce, but nope, unreal anticipation throw by Kyle.

You're not alone.

I think Moore was probably at least twenty yards down the field before most of us realized what had happened.

2 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Why they would have Luke covering Kirk is crazy. That's what I was mad about most on that damn play 

They didn't.  Looks like zone with Tre over the top.  Tre might have had dirty eyes for that out route in front of him.  Looked like he was leaning outside a little when he realized where the ball was going.

Man, I just keep thinking, this is the best receiving core we have had since Smith/Moose, and even then, the people we have like Wright, Olsen, and CMC may put it over that.    I also think we'll see more of Hogan too out there.     Legit, NFL receivers throughout the core.   

I'm a huge Cam fan but I don't think he's capable of hitting Moore in stride on that TD play.    It was perfect.    With Cam a receiver usually has to either stop to catch (letting people catch up) or chase the ball (how Ginn would do so many times).    

Archived