• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is Coach's Film Tuesday - a few things I see

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Curtis Samuel was a safer throw. Man coverage on a linebacker with no safety in that side of the field.

just calling it out, great play regardless.

Wow did not see that before, even a throw to Curtis would result in a likely touchdown.  These young quick receivers also giving me good feels!

59 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

73 on that play. Holy fug. 

Good spot.  Van Roten has gotten a lot of vague criticism on the Huddle, but I see him as a very competent blocker, both in pass protection, and at the second level downfield on runs.  Keep an eye on him next game, and see if you all don't agree.  I have no idea how he "grades" on PFF,  but to my eye, he gets the job done.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

73 on that play. Holy fug. 

Really Matt P made the play.

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

I can't see the whole play, but it looked like 74 did a nice job of getting his man out of the play.

Those long arms were essential on that play excellent LT play.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Got kinda lucky that Paradis basically ran into the guy and knocked him over from the side.

I thought after watching that clip man if this is what Paradis brings to the center position handling his responsibility and assisting his wingman get a pancake while maintaining his man bravo big money signing bravo.

56 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wright has been getting open all season long. Perfect route. Very underrated receiver. Nice 5 yards on a 1st and 10. 

giphy.gif

It was nice to hear Kyle actually being upset in his presser about missinh hitting him in stride. I was like this is what we need in terms of accuracy he said I think I found if had a much better ball to Jarius he didn’t Falk he went down to secure a low pass I thought good work by him.

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

giphy.gif

Jarius Wright was crucial there. 

What I see watching this which is so dam impressive is that Curtis in a second or so is about to be wide tf open. Jarius is running by the free safety full speed about to be wide tf open and the man in traffic catches and houses it wow. Fellas we’re in a dam good offensive position if our QB can deliver at this level for the next 18 games excuse me but my homerism is kicking in.

59 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He's got a really good awareness of where his blockers are, too. He could have easily run into either Van Roten or Moton right there and he didn't step back into Little's redirection path. He really made the best use of the pocket and still found CMC in the heavy traffic. Honestly, in recent years, Cam would have pinballed off of 73 or 72 and into the path of the outside rusher.

The kid has poise.

Check out how Paradis blocks 2 rushers, alternately, in a split second.  That's some fancy footwork, and high awareness there.  I see he and Van Roten are becoming a good tag team.

2 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

What I see watching this which is so dam impressive is that Curtis in a second or so is about to be wide tf open. Jarius is running by the free safety full speed about to be wide tf open and the man in traffic catches and houses it wow. Fellas we’re in a dam good offensive position if our QB can deliver at this level for the next 18 games excuse me but my homerism is kicking in.

Honestly, Curtis is already wide open.  Curtis Samuel even with a LB running deep is open, and Curtis already has a step.  This play was a TD no matter which way Allen threw it.  Not sure why the defense was designed that way either, it looks like there's a corner sitting in the short flat with no one to cover while Samuel just giggles running past the LB.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Going over the Coach's Film on gamepass today. Will post items of interest as I come across them. 

This play struck me as special. The Cardinals really did give Allen a lot of different looks on defense. Here Allen gets pressured almost immediately and is still able to throw a perfect strike over the middle. 

giphy.gif

I would have preferred it if he would have thrown that to Moore who was actually wide open right in front of Greg. It’s great it worked out but also could of been a disaster. Accuracy is certainly his strength. We will have to see if decision making is too. 

2 minutes ago, rainwater said:

I would have preferred it if he would have thrown that to Moore who was actually wide open right in front of Greg. It’s great it worked out but also could of been a disaster. Accuracy is certainly his strength. We will have to see if decision making is too. 

I like his release, very quick when he makes his decision. The precision is very refreshing

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Really like how Allen moves in what little pocket there is. Little step that gives him another half a second to throw. 

giphy.gif

As an NFL quarterback, you kind of have to be like Shawn Spencer on Psych, noticing every tiny little detail.

Said it before and I'll say it again: I know there are people that disagree with me, but I just don't believe pocket presence is something you can teach. You either have it or you don't.

You've probably met people that are so aware of everything that's going on around them that you might think they're secretly Daredevil. Likewise, you may know others who you practically have to grab and shake in order to get their attention.

Allen sure looks like he's the first type.

46 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Why they would have Luke covering Kirk is crazy. That's what I was mad about most on that damn play 

It is zone coverage. Got to give Zona credit for finding the right play. It was just a late throw. Get it to Kirk sooner, and that is a good play.

The funny part, if there is one. Is that zone is designed to keep plays in front of you. Sometimes things just go your way, no matter how badly you screw up. lol

Archived