• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is Coach's Film Tuesday - a few things I see

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

When you get to the DJ Moore touchdown, definitely take note of how many defenders are close to him. It's pretty impressive ball placement.

I've watched that play at game speed on YouTube 5 or 6 times, and I still don't see how it wasn't intercepted. That was easily triple coverage, and it sure seems like he got away with one there. Chalk it up to youthful arrogance that panned out, but that's one I'm not sure I want to see him attempt again. Maybe the coach's film will show something different.

5 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I've watched that play at game speed on YouTube 5 or 6 times, and I still don't see how it wasn't intercepted. That was easily triple coverage, and it sure seems like he got away with one there. Chalk it up to youthful arrogance that panned out, but that's one I'm not sure I want to see him attempt again. Maybe the coach's film will show something different.

Looked pretty much as it was drawn up, an int might have happened if it tipped of DJs hands but one guy had his back to the play

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

It's the one with the back turned to the play that made you nervous. Hell in real time it made me nervous. I started to complain to my buddy and then realized what had happened. If that defender didn't have his back turned, Allen doesn't attempt that throw. Just a good read on man-under honestly.

15 minutes ago, Captroop said:

It was more about timing than placement I think.  Allen knew Moore was going to cut and threw it to the spot that he thought DJ would be.  Had DJ not been there, it would have been an easy pick.  I can't help but wonder if Allen/DJ are that good/in sync, or there was a little bit of luck.  I suppose we will find out over the next few weeks.  

Archived