• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is Coach's Film Tuesday - a few things I see

Jeremy Igo

Going over the Coach's Film on gamepass today. Will post items of interest as I come across them. 

This play struck me as special. The Cardinals really did give Allen a lot of different looks on defense. Here Allen gets pressured almost immediately and is still able to throw a perfect strike over the middle. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Yeah that was a hell of a throw. I wouldn't say Olsen was even really open on that play.

He was more open than it may appear from that shot. The defender was in a desperate lunge as the catch was made. Still a hell of a throw. I'm sure Allen saw he was gonna get hit from his left and tossed a perfect pass anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Really like how Allen moves in what little pocket there is. Little step that gives him another half a second to throw. 

giphy.gif

He's got a really good awareness of where his blockers are, too. He could have easily run into either Van Roten or Moton right there and he didn't step back into Little's redirection path. He really made the best use of the pocket and still found CMC in the heavy traffic. Honestly, in recent years, Cam would have pinballed off of 73 or 72 and into the path of the outside rusher.

The kid has poise.

Archived