• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

22 hours ago, run1stdownrun2nddown said:

Agreed. It's like the people who say "Rivera ran Cam into the ground to save his job," then turn around and the very next sentence say "and now they need to let Cam get back to being Cam, and run the ball more"

That was before we found out they LIED and told everyone he was healthy. 

6 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I hope Cam can return to at least 2017 form. I just hope that bringing him back after a winning streak doesn't knock us out of playoff contention just because of loyalty and experimentation.

Personally I dont have a good feeling about Cam returning to form. It's not just about his physical health. It seems there has been a mental shift in his playing. I'm worried about his confidence. I couldnt be happier to be wrong.

I've said since last year that Cam may be done in Charlotte and got a ton of flack for it.

That said if they insert him back into the lineup I'll root like hell for him...but not gonna lie...hes given me a little PTSD whenever the balls is in his hands at a critical spot in the game.

I'm with you, but I think Cam will take the year off and start fresh next year with another franchise.  He may have a Randall Cunningham resurgence - but I don't think it will be here. 

My guess is Oakland/Vegas.  They move to Vegas in 2020 and he is a marquee name that will generate excitement.  I think Gruden likes him and will roll the dice. 

Hopefully the Cam-only fans will follow him out there and leave us Panther fans alone.

14 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Agreed. Matt had a window of opportunity to be a starting QB and Fox/Hurney slammed it shut. I don't think Fox liked him. I remember some buzz about how his leadership wasn't like Jake's. That 2008 team would have been a better squad with Matt at QB.  

They never gave him a real shot and when he did play his leash was so short he had to be perfect or Fox was going to pull him for Clausen. He had no room for error or growth.

You mean the 2008 team that went 12-4 and had a first round bye in the playoffs?

Archived