• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Yeah he replaced Bledsoe late season.  Bledsoe was actually having maybe the best season of his career.  

It was actually game-2 of the 2001 season when he got hurt and Brady came in.  Bledsoe had signed the largest contract in NFL history in the off-season prior.

What you're prob remembering is later that season Brady actually got hurt & missed a couple of games and Bledsoe spelled Brady -- they won the Super Bowl that year!

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

It was actually game-2 of the 2001 season when he got hurt and Brady came in.  Bledsoe had signed the largest contract in NFL history in the off-season prior.

What you're prob remembering is later that season Brady actually got hurt & missed a couple of games and Bledsoe spelled Brady -- they won the Super Bowl that year!

Must be

2 hours ago, Ounce said:

I remember when Matt Moore was really good...

Matt Moore got absolutely fuged by John Fox and i will fight about this

Fox was already out the door in 2010 and didn't give a poo at all. Moore was signed to a contract and the team had no intention of competing. Team didn't care, Fox didn't care, and then they went and drafted Clausen. Just a complete cluster fug. 

Fox sent Moore out there against a Giants team that completely outmatched the Panthers, talent and coaching wise, and let him get killed. He was hurt that game plus concussed. He never stood a chance. 

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Fox was already out the door in 2010 and didn't give a poo at all. Moore was signed to a contract and the team had no intention of competing. Team didn't care, Fox didn't care, and then they went and drafted Clausen. Just a complete cluster fug. 

Fox sent Moore out there against a Giants team that completely outmatched the Panthers, talent and coaching wise, and let him get killed. He was hurt that game plus concussed. He never stood a chance. 

Interesting take, I don’t disagree.  I was one of Matt’s biggest fans in the late/post-Jake era.  I think he’s a great example of someone who had some big games but could never sustain it for various reasons.

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Agreed. Matt had a window of opportunity to be a starting QB and Fox/Hurney slammed it shut. I don't think Fox liked him. I remember some buzz about how his leadership wasn't like Jake's. That 2008 team would have been a better squad with Matt at QB.  

They never gave him a real shot and when he did play his leash was so short he had to be perfect or Fox was going to pull him for Clausen. He had no room for error or growth.

I hope Cam can return to at least 2017 form. I just hope that bringing him back after a winning streak doesn't knock us out of playoff contention just because of loyalty and experimentation.

Personally I dont have a good feeling about Cam returning to form. It's not just about his physical health. It seems there has been a mental shift in his playing. I'm worried about his confidence. I couldnt be happier to be wrong.

I've said since last year that Cam may be done in Charlotte and got a ton of flack for it.

That said if they insert him back into the lineup I'll root like hell for him...but not gonna lie...hes given me a little PTSD whenever the balls is in his hands at a critical spot in the game.

Archived