• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

There are two ways to say this...

You can say Ron was "trying to save his job" or you can say Ron was "trying to win".  They are the same but so so different.  

My two ways of thinking of this

Ron probably thought Cam was his best option to win even at 60% and tried to save his job. 

or..

Ron thought a hurt Cam would give him an excuse, and likely save his job. 

I really hope it wasn't the second. Backup QBs aren't your best option most of the time, but I think you have to protect the future of your franchise QB above all else. And I'm sure Cam wanted to be out on that field, he's a competitor, but you have to do what's best for him, even if he doesn't agree. 

The hardest part for me was watching Cam, obviously hurt in some form, trying to gut it out but he just couldn't do it. 

18 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Who members when Tom Brady the backup filled in for Patriots QB who was injured and has never looked back?

I member.

Yeah he replaced Bledsoe late season.  Bledsoe was actually having maybe the best season of his career.  

16 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

What happened to Ron waiting until the last minute to announce a starter? He could’ve easily let it ride until Friday and make the Texans prepare for Newton and Allen.

Hemming & hawing all week made for a miserable week for ol' Rower, don't think he wanted another one of those.

Texans wouldn't have wasted time preparing for anyone other than Allen....obvious he is the starter this week.

Archived