• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

At this point you keep starting the QB with the hot hand. Even a coach like Rivera can't fug that up.

I'm really hoping the Panthers struck gold with Allen. We have absolutely been due some good fortune.

I doubt it. Undrafted players go undrafted for a reason. There’s a countless number of QBs who come out hot and then fizzle away. Remember Matt Flynn? He got paid off a few games and look what happened. If nothing else I hope this means we finally have a backup QB. He’s not a long term solution. 

Said it elsewhere...

If Allen plays well Sunday, some will be ready to bury Newton.

If Allen comes back to earth, others will be eager to call him a fluke.

Both reactions will be premature.

Life happens a little at a time, folks. You'd be a lot wiser if you'd quit trying to predict the next ten years based on what happened five minutes ago.

Smart decision would be to make the decision internally right now, but externally let the Texans think Cam might be back for the game and he would be a "game time decision" so they'd think they have to prepare for him. That's some Belichick level mind games. Rivera just says fug it I don't want to answer the questions at the press conference so he's out.

If all Allen is is a stop gap until a healthy Cam can return, I'm good with that. I want a healthy Cam, physically and mentally, however long that takes. 

This is probably the first time in his life his body cant do what he's asking of it yet. That's a hard thing to accept. 3-4 weeks and I think we see old Cam back with fire and passion and that swag. 

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I doubt it. Undrafted players go undrafted for a reason. There’s a countless number of QBs who come out hot and then fizzle away. Remember Matt Flynn? He got paid off a few games and look what happened. If nothing else I hope this means we finally have a backup QB. He’s not a long term solution. 

I'm not saying you are wrong about Allen, but Kurt Warner comes to mind.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Wonder if he can see that benching Cam could be the best option.

I think he already has.

I'm convinced this re-injury thing is just a way to bench Cam without embarrassing him.  

If we begin tracking toward 10-11 wins and Allen stays healthy, Cam will never be "100%".

35 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Where are all the people who called the coaching staff incompetent for not getting a decent backup QB? Anyone seen them?

It was not wrong to ask for a veteran QB backup based upon the blah preseason Allen had, I'll not apologize! 

40 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why do you have to wait to give yourself the best chance to win. If your head coach cant do that until his ass is on the line, he has no business being your head coach.

What Im saying is that if you HAD to win this week to save your job, your not thinking about the future and then would play injured guys to get that result at the risk of long term injury to them. 

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

cam is just going to rehab at a farm in the country where the air is good

All joking aside...

...Riverboat Ron was directly asked if Cam "will travel to Houston" and RR refused to answer the question.

Elvis has left the building.

Archived