• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

I think this is the first time cam has seen the game has passed him and he needs to step it up. Im a cam fan but Allen's performance yesterday was exactly what we need. Cam really had his probation days at the beginning of the season and I think he is definitely on a prove it situation the rest of this year. If Allen can work with these guys and have that type game there really is no excuse for Cam.

16 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Unless Allen really poos the bed, Cam is just done in Charlotte. This team looked completely say and night with Allen out there. Way more energy, much better body language from the players to the coaches etc. 

When Cam played the last two games this team looked downright depressing with no energy. 

Maybe......Because we LOST.

32 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well, that was fast.  So much for Cam being "day to day."  I wonder if Allen shows out again against Houston if this foot injury of Cams turns into an IR type situation?

He did not want the questions.  This makes RR's decision easier. 

There isn’t  a QB controversy yet.  But if he plays well against the Texans that may change.  If he can get us to 3-3 against the Texans, Jags, and Bucs in London it could be his job.  But the Texans will be a tough game.  And the Jag defense is no joke. But they are running with Mineshew.  

Still I haven’t seen the offense look this good since 2015.  But it was against the Cardinals.  This week will be a good barometer of who Allen actually is.  

If Kyle keeps winning, I don’t care if Cam is healthy or not... wins come first.  No player is more important than the team.  I have had exhausting arguments with fans of other teams for YEARS, constantly defending Cam till I’m blue in the face.  I love the guy.  He dresses like a weirdo, but whatever.  As long as he wins, I’m good.  Problem is, he isn’t the Cam that I’ve defended anymore... as sad as it is to think about, the era *might* be over.  

If Cam is 100% healthy and Allen has been less than stellar, of COURSE you play Cam.

Even if Allen stinks it up in Houston, this is likely the last year for Cam in Charlotte.

4 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

If Kyle keeps winning, I don’t care if Cam is healthy or not... wins come first.  No player is more important than the team.  I have had exhausting arguments with fans of other teams for YEARS, constantly defending Cam till I’m blue in the face.  I love the guy.  He dresses like a weirdo, but whatever.  As long as he wins, I’m good.  Problem is, he isn’t the Cam that I’ve defended anymore... as sad as it is to think about, the era *might* be over.  

If Cam is 100% healthy and Allen has been less than stellar, of COURSE you play Cam.

Even if Allen stinks it up in Houston, this is likely the last year for Cam in Charlotte.

I agree and most football scholars would too--BUT RR loves his veterans and he owes his career to Cam--will be interesting to see if he has the maturity to put that aside and consider the greater good.

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And also, the O line, Dj fumbling, coaches not running a QB sneak on a forth and inches.

Your point? 

My point is there are numerous reasons the team wins and loses--like in baseball, the team may commit 3 errors and get 2 hits, but who gets the loss?  I agree with all you say, but Cam was not good.  If he had been, those things would never have been issues.

Archived