• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out against the Texans

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Not to give Ron credit here but to try to understand his situation here.. He knows that this success of this season will determine his employment. If I knew my job was based on that I would do whatever it took to give myself the best chance to win and not be overly concerned about the long term (play Cam when hurt rather then resting him)

With that in mind I think that may be why Cam was 'encouraged' to play through it more than he seems to be now. 

Why do you have to wait to give yourself the best chance to win. If your head coach cant do that until his ass is on the line, he has no business being your head coach.

Good....I look forward to round two with Kyle.  Hope he balls out again, if not....well.....I'll go into hiding for awhile, lol.  Even though we all know quarterbacks can have bad days, Cam had a lot.  I'll admit I am riding that Kyle train even after just one game so I'll eat my words if he just simply tanks after that.  

14 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

Cam is out to the bye. We’re playing the easiest leg of our schedule until then. We need Cam at 100% for the playoff push. 

If Allen plays at that same level and takes us into the bye week at 4-2, I have a hard time seeing Cam come back in unless Kyle has a meltdown. 

1 minute ago, Asurfaholic said:

Where are all the people who called the coaching staff incompetent for not getting a decent backup QB? Anyone seen them?

How about calling them incompetent for having Taylor Heinicke over Allen all last season? Or for thinking we needed to draft a QB in the 3rd in April. Seems like they had a competent backup right under their noses all along and failed to see it.

Archived