• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As Requested: Touchdown to Olsen

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Something to note here is Allen staring down that portion of the field prior to getting rid of the ball.  I don't know if that will work so well against better d's.

I think it worked because he had an underneath WR with a deeper TE lagging behind at the back---it was a thing of beauty.

23 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I originally thought he was just throwing it away.  Then Olsen caught it.  I literally jumped off my couch.  I have not seen touch like that in some time.  Most fun I had watching a game since 2015.  

Same. Saw 3 defenders and thought about the FG. Then Greg appears.

1 hour ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Touch has been something Cam always struggled with. 

Healthy Cam was undoubtedly still inconsistent accuracy wise, but he's never been as off as he was against the Bucs. As far as "touch" I've seen him throw a number of absolute dimes right on the money over the years. That's the difference between a young guy like Allen without the wear and tear versus a battering ram who is breaking down before our eyes.

You can compliment Allen without applying revisionist history to a clearly injured Cam Newton.

Be happy with what we've got without shitting on players who often literally willed us into relevancy as #1 did over the years.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Anyone else's butt pucker up when he threw it thinking he was just tossing it up for grabs?

I don't think Olsen was onscreen when he threw it but then he came outta nowhere.

The play itself had a nice stack concept with Samuel drawing a lot of attention short while Olsen snuck in from behind.

I had no idea just how many defenders were actually close to that play until I saw another angle.

Minus a good throw, that easily could have been a disaster.

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Something to note here is Allen staring down that portion of the field prior to getting rid of the ball.  I don't know if that will work so well against better d's.

He did, but he was actually reading for Curtis Samuel.  Greg was not the primary there.  So yes, he was looking that way but I'm not sure it was wrong for him to do that in that spot.

I've also noticed him stare down receivers in the past, I just don't think it was the case here.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, TheRed said:

Healthy Cam was undoubtedly still inconsistent accuracy wise, but he's never been as off as he was against the Bucs. As far as "touch" I've seen him throw a number of absolute dimes right on the money over the years. That's the difference between a young guy like Allen without the wear and tear versus a battering ram who is breaking down before our eyes.

You can compliment Allen without applying revisionist history to a clearly injured Cam Newton.

Be happy with what we've got without shitting on players who often literally willed us into relevancy as #1 did over the years.

Pretty strong straw man you erected there. I only asserted that Cam has never displayed great touch. You somehow took that and contorted it to mean this. 

Its perfectly reasonable to point out a player’s weaknesses. It’s not driven by race or hate or anything else you’re trying to imply. It was simply an observation that I think many would agree with. 

I could have expanded and added more context to keep my point from being bastardize, but I thought, foolishly, that it was unnecessary. 

It could be just a consequence of Allen not having Cam’s arm strength and having to develop more touch especially on the shorter and intermediate throws. He’s always struggled with accuracy and his lack of touch plays into that, IMO. 

Archived