• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Cam is forced to have better mechanics throwing to the left and therefore he is simply a better passer to that side 

Opening his left shoulder and torquing his core is correct, but Cam never/rarely did those. Right arm thrower only and throwing left wil cause shoulder issues with poor mechanics. 

7 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

fwiw you have more strength throwing across your body. even if he's throwing to his right he's still (ideally) turning his body so he can involve his hips

not throwing to the left is either a schematic choice (where was peterson) or he just doesn't like looking left

not enough data at the moment

What if Cam doesnt use his hips? The guy was always a arm thrower with minimize movement else where. True power comes form the ground.  I mean this gos to basketball too, right handed favor driving/shooting right. Thought most knew this. 

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

fwiw you have more strength throwing across your body. even if he's throwing to his right he's still (ideally) turning his body so he can involve his hips

not throwing to the left is either a schematic choice (where was peterson) or he just doesn't like looking left

not enough data at the moment

That's assuming proper passing mechanics. Arm throwers are a different story.

15 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Opening his left shoulder and torquing his core is correct, but Cam never/rarely did those. Right arm thrower only and throwing left wil cause shoulder issues with poor mechanics. 

I don’t think that makes the other untrue.  Mechanics have always been an issue.  I wasn’t claiming his mechanics were always good going left.   Still think the bad more consistently shows itself to the right.    And I don’t think it can argued at this stage that he simply throws his best ball to the left 

Also, I don’t think there is any proof Allen wants to throw rate.  

Saints game and AZ....most of his biggest game impact throws in the game where to the left and middle. He added a lot in both from scrambling right on throws 

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

What if Cam doesnt use his hips? The guy was always a arm thrower with minimize movement else where. True power comes form the ground.  I mean this gos to basketball too, right handed favor driving/shooting right. Thought most knew this. 

Cam needs to start using his sexy hips to throw the football and stop using his hips when having hot sex with his girlfriend. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t think that makes the other untrue.  Mechanics have always been an issue.  I wasn’t claiming his mechanics were always good going left.   Still think the bad more consistently shows itself to the right.    And I don’t think it can argued at this stage that he simply throws his best ball to the left 

Cam is a enigma, in more ways than most. Shocking I thought his mechanics did look better in the first two games, but....... the ball placement was off more than his normal "off". I thought he would revert to his old arm throwing once the real snaps started, he didnt for the most part.  I have no idea where Cam throws his best ball, hell at one point I thought he had one of the better deep balls in the NFL.......that feels like a million years ago now. 

I pooped on shula, but he is know for being a good QB coach. Until this year I never seen Cam mechanics improved and wonder why cann't a good QB coach improve him? Cam himself may have been the reason. 

Archived