• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

That was one of the saddest victories I have ever been a part of. No one is upset about a victory but I am incredibly wistful because I saw what I believe to be the end of an era. 

I love Cam to death and he is the only true franchise QB we have ever had, IMO. What I saw was the end of an era. I saw the end of Cam Newton as a Panther. 

So as equally as happy I am for Kyle and us, I am that sad for the fact that I don't believe I will ever see Cam in a Panthers uniform again.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That was one of the saddest victories I have ever been a part of. No one is upset about a victory but I am incredibly wistful because I saw what I believe to be the end of an era. 

I love Cam to death and he is the only true franchise QB we have ever had, IMO. What I saw was the end of an era. I saw the end of Cam Newton as a Panther. 

So as equally as happy I am for Kyle and us, I am that sad for the fact that I don't believe I will ever see Cam in a Panthers uniform again.

Honestly, I think Cam is finished playing. Not so much physically, but mentally I think he is done. 

33 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

lol cam could throw four touchdowns and save a baby from a house fire and there'd still be legions of camoflauge keuchly jerseys screaming for him to throw the dang ball faster or go warm up the bench (without the dang towel)

throw a helmet on some corn fed white kid and he gets this

the accusations that cam hate is race based stems from cam never, ever, ever getting the benefit of the doubt

You pulling the race card every time Cam comes up is stupid.  Just shortsighted and dumb.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Great win by Allen, but please temper expectations. There will be game film on him now, let’s see how he is playing in three weeks.

True. Don’t get too high with the highs, or too low with the lows. It’s a week to week league. 

He’s put together two very solid starts.

Just now, ickmule said:

Honestly, I think Cam is finished playing. Not so much physically, but mentally I think he is done. 

Yeah, I don't know. Cam is a lot like a kid. If he isn't winning and having fun, it looks like he has a hard time focusing. Maybe after a year off he can recharge but I just don't know.

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

True. Don’t get too high with the highs, or too low with the lows. It’s a week to week league. 

He’s put together two very solid starts.

Fug.  Should of read this sooner. Just got done getting my Kyle Allen full back tattoo

A starting QB shouldn't lose his spot because of injury. Once he comes back recovered, he should get his starting job back and a couple of games to prove he should still have it.

Some could make a good case that Cam had that shot in weeks 1 and 2.

Sometimes it isn't about race, it's just about wins and losses.  We'll know a lot more after Houston, one way or another.

Either way, Allen looked good and the team upped its game for him. Coaching looked crisp, protection was better and plays were run better and with more success. Empirically, this is a decent to good team and there's a lot of potential there.

Archived