• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

The most enthusiasm I've seen from this offense in at least 3 years.

Cannot discount the fact that Allen knows he's the backup and has little to lose.

LT still an issue.

1st half D was atrocious.

So did we make halftime adjustments of D? The new Rivera lol

34 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Same thing happened with Tampa bay when Ryan Fitzpatrick was killing it. People need to chill and stop over reacting. I hope Allen continue his proformance for the Panthers, but I would not say cut, trade, or say its the end of Cam just yet. 

It’s a little different. Fitzpatrick was a known entity, an extraordinarily inconsistent journeyman QB capable of putting up 5 TDS and a perfect game or a 5 INT game who has started for more teams than any other QB ever... Allen is a 2nd year UDFA who has a ton of room to improve and so far has only been great at the NFL level.

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Great win today, much needed for the fan base.

What to do at QB?

You don't bench Kyle Allen after that type of performance, especially with the easiest portion of the schedule still ahead. You play him and see if he sustains that type of extremely high level of play.

What about Cam?

Cam's foot sprain was given two weeks to heal in preseason, and it got reinjured on a simple scramble. Obviously it needs more time.

The solution is simple.

You play Kyle Allen for at least the next two weeks and let Cam fully heal his foot. If at that time Kyle Allen is still playing at a high level you keep him in. You never bench a QB with a hot hand. If he looks average to below average, you put Cam back in.

Above all else, the Panthers need to keep winning.

As a Cam fan, it pains me to root for a scenario where I would be okay with Adam Schein hiring someone to "Nancy Kerrigan" Cam's leg to keep him out longer. 

Kyle Allen will easily duplicate & sustain a Pat Mahomes/Tom Brady type career and Cam is the new incarnation of the Alex Smith broken vet holding him back. 

15 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

lol cam could throw four touchdowns and save a baby from a house fire and there'd still be legions of camoflauge keuchly jerseys screaming for him to throw the dang ball faster or go warm up the bench (without the dang towel)

throw a helmet on some corn fed white kid and he gets this

the accusations that cam hate is race based stems from cam never, ever, ever getting the benefit of the doubt

You sound pretty bitter and racist.

This was the most excited I have been in some time watching a Panthers game.  And if I feel that way behind the screen you know the guys on the sidelines were pumped.  You have to continue that infectious play if you can.  And that means Allen should go for the next game or two.  

Evaluate after that.  If Allen is still balling it’s his until he can’t.  If not Cam should be 100% and it’s time for him to return. 

29 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

a healthy cam still gives us the best chance to win. what this does is give you the option to let cam take as long as he needs to get there.

But when will that be or ever. Might have to face the fact Rivera rode Cam into the ground. 

Archived